Dressing Room Can't Change Androids' Heads

Xira

[EDIT] FIXED - Thank you Soda! <3 <3 <3

Exactly what the title says. Tested on RAcaseal, HUcaseal, and RAcast --- steps to reproduce:
  1. Enter the Dressing Room on any android character.
  2. Change their head.
  3. Enter the server and join a ship.
  4. Marvel at how your head has not changed.
It seems the Dressing Room has mysteriously misplaced its special keytool required to remove an android's head, as fleshies can still change hair/face/everything (tested on FOmarl and HUnewearl).

Quite bizarre indeed.

Last edited:
ROFL, 27th time is the charm.

Really, I apologize about each. Each time I knew what the problem was but I kept being half distracted and changing something without testing it. ANYWAY, FOR REALS, IT'S SUPER FIXED NOW. :p

FIX CONFIRMED \o/
The Dressing Room Technicians have most definitely found their socket wrenches for real this time and android heads may, once again, (rock 'n') roll.

Soda, thank you for a most hilarious wild ride of a bug fix of all time. Out of pure morbid curiousity, what happened? (ELI5) XD

Soda, thank you for a most hilarious wild ride of a bug fix of all time. Out of pure morbid curiousity, what happened? (ELI5) XD
There was some change in the login server, some revisions ago, to instead of copying the whole change data packet from the client to the character structure, in the dressing room, to only copy certain bytes based on what their current class was.

There were a bunch of bit sets and if conditions added.

The main problem was both the bit set for head and it's accompanying copy line were not there. At all.

Back