Anyone Here Skin?

thegmk

Thegmk#5690
Guildcard
I used to know quite a few people from the days of SCHT/Ultima/Eden who would do custom skinning or model swapping. I was curious if there was anyone here who still does that?

I really like some of the aesthetics or weapons that are rarely used, so I was curious if someone could help me get a model swap.

I love Brionac; I think the way the blade comes out is rad and it's just such a shame it's not worth using. I would be forever in your debt if you could replace even the basic partisan skins with this weapon.

p7.jpg

:)

Bump! Can anyone help point me in the right direction for model swapping client side?

Download AFS Manager here:
https://psoskins.jimdo.com/tools/

Look up the Brionac model and texture number, as well as the weapon you want to reskin from this list: http://files.pioneer2.net/soly/model_texture_list.txt
(For example, Brionac is 165, nonrare partisans are 3, and Yunchang is 215.)

use AFS Manager to load ItemModelEp4.afs that is found in your EphineaPSO/data folder. Export file 165 to somewhere convenient (also export the file for whatever weapon you are reskinning, for a backup).

Click on the file for the weapon you are reskinning (for example 215 for yunchang) and import the file 165 you exported earlier.

Click save.

Next load ItemTextureEp4.afs. Follow the same steps as above, but rename the files when you export to keep them separate from the model files exported earlier. (It will default to calling it file 165, just like the model file exported earlier.)

Click save and log into the game to check your work.
pso131477063789001407.jpg

Download AFS Manager here:
https://psoskins.jimdo.com/tools/

Look up the Brionac model and texture number, as well as the weapon you want to reskin from this list: http://files.pioneer2.net/soly/model_texture_list.txt
(For example, Brionac is 165, nonrare partisans are 3, and Yunchang is 215.)

use AFS Manager to load ItemModelEp4.afs that is found in your EphineaPSO/data folder. Export file 165 to somewhere convenient (also export the file for whatever weapon you are reskinning, for a backup).

Click on the file for the weapon you are reskinning (for example 215 for yunchang) and import the file 165 you exported earlier.

Click save.

Next load ItemTextureEp4.afs. Follow the same steps as above, but rename the files when you export to keep them separate from the model files exported earlier. (It will default to calling it file 165, just like the model file exported earlier.)

Click save and log into the game to check your work.
View attachment 4644
You are my hero. Thank you!

Stuff like this makes the game much more playable. I move that @Spicy McNoodle add his little mini guide to the skins and mods subform.

Is it possible to replace a mag model with an item model (like present for exemple)? I would like to make a Metal Gear Solid cardboard box as a mag!

Maybe.
I am pretty sure I have seen either @tofuman or @Soly with a christmas present mag but I am unsure if that was another server where a mag was created or a model swap.

It was Tofu, on Eden, I suppose.

A cardboard box, should be actually pretty easy to make with an item box model, since it's just a cube, it would just need a texture (and be rotated)... although if you wanted to have the lids open to the outside and be able to look inside the box, then it won't be as easy.

yeah the idea would be to simply use the xmas present model that do not have a ribbon (yellow present i think?), for the textures there are some nice models on google image / Deviant arts :

metal_gear_phantom_pain_desert_camo_cardboard_box_by_moloch15-d9dfdop.jpg metal_gear_phantom_pain_diamond_dogs_cardboard_box_by_moloch15-d9dfdnf.jpg box.jpg

The TRUE stealth mag :p

Edit: Problem is, I couldn't locate the presents in ItemTextureEP4 so idk where the model is.

Last edited:
I did model swapping stuff back in the day, like this:

https://cp.sync.com/dl/962d2b280/zymqy8rj-8bagkxyf-wqfddcgk-rwtgbzaa

It basically replaces the Ep4 Zu with the Nano Dragon. You download the zip file, open it, extract "bm_ene_zu.bml" and place it in the EphineaPSO\data folder (if you are prompted to overwrite a file, think about backing up your old one! Otherwise you can't swap back. If you aren't prompted to overwrite a file, all is good and you can simply erase the file to swap back)

I also swapped the Huney's hair onto the Foney at one point to remove the stupid, stupid hat:

9kfxtE5.jpg

... think I am at V10 / VX of tat skin now

I think at one point I must have been pretty near using my own models or something:

DAdv3C9.jpg

^ that was a render, not in-game. I think I was trying to work out how to re-compile to NJ format

Model swaps I know can be done. I haven't tried items specifically, but it may well be possible

@FLARE maybe you could "fix" the HUcast heads. The eyes are suppose to light up like the default but none of the other heads have them.

It doesn't work properly with any costume. You should be able to see the eye from any angle, but you can only see it on the opposite side of the face in GC and BB.

Attachments

• hucthorneye.jpg
    hucthorneye.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 16
  • hucthorneye2.jpg
    hucthorneye2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 17
Stuff I found on my old archive of tools, some of it is in a bit of a muddle so many apologies...

I didn't make any of this stuff, by the way!

A lot of these can also be found here: http://psodev.free.fr/ - however, some I may have unique versions, or they may just not be up there (so we'll have a look)

AFS Manager - Produced by Kra back in the day. A few different versions existed I think - there may have been a reason I chose to hold onto this one

BML Extract - again, I have no idea where it came from. Seems to be a command-line tool or drag and drop based, no GUI to speak of. May have originated from SCHT community many years ago. May have been produced by Deathrabbit or Kra

Terra's BML Extractor - apparently he made one and I still have it

BML Updater (Normal / Texture version) - Definitely by Kra. Commonly released, not a particularly rare file. Many will have this one

BML Updater Model Version - THIS ONE may be interesting to some, who don't have it. The model-oriented version of Kra's BML Updater. I'm not sure how many people have this, I know I've clung onto it for ages. Very, very handy

GSL Extractor - by SCHT, many will have this

GSL Updater - I believe by Kra

PRSUtil - Idk why I saved the zip as "prsutilMV" but it must mean something. I think this was originally by SCHThack, but I don't know if this is a slightly modified version or something

"HelpPRS" - Pretty sure that Kra/Terra made this

VMT tool - deffo by SCHThack, this is a common version widely distributed

PSO Dat Tool - Have several versions of this including 2706 and 2806. Unsure if it is wise to release this here as I think it may be something to do with making maps or editing quest files. No idea where it came from, please advise... (not linking for now). For one of the versions I have a really funny txt file that was bundled with it, which sounds like someone trying to delegate some quest editing work and then a response saying the person is too busy - quite amusing. Someone was not happy I guess :') back in the drama days

SCHTHack Modelview - obviosuly by SCHTHack. Use it to view models and textures on models, kind of neat

XVR DDS Tool - seems like a very old XVR to DDS conversion tool, probably not wise to use it nowadays

nVidia DDS Tools for Photoshop - Handy for editing DDS in Photoshop I guess

"PMTBB2" - literally no idea, lost to the sands of time. Contains a version of PRSU (maybe PRS Util) but also something else, "BBPMT.exe"

Texture Manager - by Kra

"segaMdlFormats.zip" - a mysterious zip, I am unsure of its origins. Seems to contain information regarding someone's crusade to edit SEGA models with reference to contemporary Sonic Team titles, created around the same time as various editions of PSO (e.g: Sonic Adventure DX). Contains txt files, images and an offline web-page describing the efforts of the author. Contains two sub-RAR archives which are loaded out with more info and various tools for editing models in SA : DX. One might assume that the model formats of the time (NJ) would be the same or very similar to PSO. I don't know where I found this, or why I thought it was overly useful

Lumiere 0.7 - by Kra

"Conv.rar" - seems to contain plugins for various 3D modelling software to potentially import and / or export NJ (Ninja) model files. It might have been something I just threw in a zip or I might have found it online, I have no idea

---------------------------

So I guess the only noteworthy things are the dat tool (which ... I haven't linked yet, as I'm not sure if I am supposed to for some reason. Just got this nagging feeling) - and the model variant of BML Updater

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your time and effort! Very nice of you to share your archives.
You're like the last guardian of lost memories :wacko:

Edit: I wanted to see if we could "fix" the hucast head with a simple alpha layer, but even without a face the lit part appears only on certain angles, oh well.
nofacehucast.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NDW
Back