Smokey's Ultimate PSOBB Mod Collection

Are you a bigger fan of OG vanilla? Or do you like to mix it up with some mods!

• Vanilla

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Modded

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters
Another update:

After about a week of tweaking and searching, I feel comfortable declaring these pretty much the final versions.

I've also added this to the post above.

ENHANCED Sound Effects:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgs5mrry19o1sgv/sound effects.zip

This comes with the original sound effects 'common.pac' file, as well as two options.

Install like any of my other files, overwrite matching files EphineaPSO.

I spent almost a week sampling, testing, and editing sounds to make sure they sounded good and fit well with the game. This changes all the things I had always wanted, as well as much more. Originally I wasn't excited about the idea, but once I found some good sounds I was really enjoying the 'enhanced experience'.

These all came from these websites and were all edited in Audacity.

https://freesound.org

https://www.zapsplat.com
https://www.soundeffectsplus.com
http://theforce.net/fanfilms/postproduction/soundfx/

For instance I was really motivated to find a sound for katanas that doesn't sound like you're whipping around a whiffle bat, and I really wanted to find a sound for partisans that was a better fit. It really all started when I received a request for PSO3 menu sounds, and I discovered there was actually reasonable improvements to be made for a 'new' experience.

I hope you all enjoy...

Enhanced Weapon Sounds (Highly Reccomended!):

NEW SOUNDS

Hand to Hand
Handguns
Mechguns
Rifles
Bazookas
Sabers
Swords
Partisans
Daggers
Katanas
Miniguns
Last Survivor-Type
Vivienne-Type

ENHANCED SOUNDS

Shifta
Jellen
Zalure

Major Sound Overhaul:

This includes everything from the combat pack plus:

New Menu Open/Close
New Menu Navigate
New Interact (Confirm/Deny)
New Item Pickup
New Can't Pickup
Quieter Telepipes
New Mag Feeding
New Level Up
New Ressurect

Smokey's ui Remix:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/stp5jt6zhu4kbyc/smokey's ui remix.zip

I took some of the base stuff from the modpack, along with a PSO EP. 3 theme, another black glass theme, and some of my own editing and font flavor to put this together.

haha.. ha.. ha

ok so I came across some dank star wars sounds today and so I patched Saber, Sword, Rifle, Vivienne, and Last Survivor type weapons. They're super cool so I hope you don't mind re-downloading the new sound effects! Same link works!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgs5mrry19o1sgv/sound_effects.zip

Dope, got it all up and running in very little time. Still trying to figure out why Nvidia hates psobb.exe and can't find it, but got this awesomeness

Glad to hear most of you aren't running into many issues! I was really excited to give people the opportunity to experience something fresh and exciting with this game so it makes me very happy you are all enjoying everything :)

Getting close to 200 downloads now, it really means a lot <3

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180420-160826.jpg
    Screenshot_20180420-160826.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 5
Glad to hear most of you aren't running into many issues! I was really excited to give people the opportunity to experience something fresh and exciting with this game so it makes me very happy you are all enjoying everything :)

Getting close to 200 downloads now, it really means a lot <3
Yeah it totally revived my interest in the game, thank you for putting it all together

I find this to be an excellent project.

I'm returning to psobb though (shthack severs aparently lost all my ingame data), and would like to contribute to this comunity since it seems to be stable, with skins (i need an interesting project to remain sane anyway)

Is there like a team working on this?, or is this just an aglomerate os different projects mashed into 1 client?

i'd like to think my graphical capabilities have inproved since 2011, so i still have something to offer.

I'm returning to psobb though (shthack severs aparently lost all my ingame data), and would like to contribute to this comunity since it seems to be stable, with skins (i need an interesting project to remain sane anyway)

Is there like a team working on this?, or is this just an aglomerate os different projects mashed into 1 client?

i'd like to think my graphical capabilities have inproved since 2011, so i still have something to offer.

Hi! Many of the textures come from the psobb.fr website but I've also made a few files myself. You'll want to look on that website for the texture manager program but after that you should have a pretty good time editing the .DDS files.

If you take a look through the files in the game directory and compare to the stuff in my zips, files are fairly well labelled so good luck and thanks!

can't wait to see your new work. i've enjoyed your huds and effects the past few years

Hi! Many of the textures come from the psobb.fr website but I've also made a few files myself. You'll want to look on that website for the texture manager program but after that you should have a pretty good time editing the .DDS files.

If you take a look through the files in the game directory and compare to the stuff in my zips, files are fairly well labelled so good luck and thanks!
oh, i'm extremely familiar with all the files and all the litle tricks to make modded textures work.

i just figured some new tools could have come out. i guess they didnt.

id probably try to make improvements to existing stuff. but that will require allot of crashing, and possibly me illustrating entirely new textures with beter masks.

Hello,

Can anyone help with my install of this mod pack? I have tried to install the preconfigured version about 4 times now and I don't think it's working. Every time I follow the instruction, the resolution of the text is really low, and no textures appear to be changed. The only difference I see is the lighting and the ui. There's also a persisting "Player Data Not Found" that displays at the top of my screen, throughout all loading screens and in game.

I follow the instructions exactly, they're pretty simple and straight forward. The only issues I've encountered are: while moving the contents of EphineaPSO (The mod folder) into the EphineaPSO folder (For the game) whether I should replace the files already there or not, and the general confusion of having two folders named EphineaPSO.

great pack! my one issue so far is just the wolves. i don't think it's very realistic for the wolves to be tigers (to be clear, only installed the recomended not the honorable mentions)

great pack! my one issue so far is just the wolves. i don't think it's very realistic for the wolves to be tigers (to be clear, only installed the recomended not the honorable mentions)

Thanks friend! If you go to your folder EphineaPSO\data and replace bm_ene_bm2_wolf.bml file with your original you should be able to get your old wolves back. You may also need to replace moja and moja_a not sure haven't checked in a while :3

I decided to give this a try earlier, and this is really nice looking. However, I admit I prefer using only UI mods and keeping the rest of the game vanilla, and I like how I already had things so I didn't stick with it. If I ever decided to try and freshen up the overall look of the game I would definitely use it though.

I was going to stick with the ENB part of it since it pretty much just enhanced the vanilla look, but it was causing a weird problem that looked almost as if it were backlight bleeding along the top and left edges of the screen. I'm not really looking to figure out what caused that, especially since I'm perfectly fine without the ENB, but I figured I would mention it in case anyone knew why that happened.

This screenshot shows it pretty clearly, though just note that it wasn't only on loading screens it was just more obvious during them.
pso132125186840412552.png
Also one random question, is there a way to change the size and position of the mini map?

I decided to give this a try earlier, and this is really nice looking. However, I admit I prefer using only UI mods and keeping the rest of the game vanilla, and I like how I already had things so I didn't stick with it. If I ever decided to try and freshen up the overall look of the game I would definitely use it though.

I was going to stick with the ENB part of it since it pretty much just enhanced the vanilla look, but it was causing a weird problem that looked almost as if it were backlight bleeding along the top and left edges of the screen. I'm not really looking to figure out what caused that, especially since I'm perfectly fine without the ENB, but I figured I would mention it in case anyone knew why that happened.

This screenshot shows it pretty clearly, though just note that it wasn't only on loading screens it was just more obvious during them.
View attachment 11528
Also one random question, is there a way to change the size and position of the mini map?

Interesting, I mean it's been a while so maybe something has changed with the engine or something but I've never seen anything like that. Could possibly be because of the 1680x1050 resolution?

But unfortunately the mini map is hard coded into the game engine and would require hacking it somehow haha so probably not going to happen / wouldn't let you play online

It could be the resolution, but unfortunately I don't have a screen with a higher resolution other than my tv to test it on and connecting that to my PC is quite a pain unless I were to get a longer HDMI cable. I probably did something wrong because I have tried using ENB before this attempt, and I ended up with a lot of black textures haha.

Well that definitely explains the lack of mini map mods haha. It stinks too because I always thought it would be nice to move it around, or have the option to zoom in and out without checking the map in the menu. I was hoping there was a way, because after recently trying to play on my crappy laptop I noticed the mini map is not only bigger but shows more of the area if the high res hud option is disabled.

Back