For those with Nvidia Graphics and it seems to run slow or jitter but keeps 30 fps

I noticed some cute frame drops and I think I'll do this instead of ordering SLI 1080ti Superpowered Gamer's Edition cards to smooth things out. Thanks!!

Just tried this out for kicks and this actually makes a notable difference even on my GTX 1080Ti. Noticed the improvement immediately moving around in the lobby and panning the camera around.

Used to get micro stutters now and then, but gone now. Recommend all NVIDIA users to try this out.

I think I figured out the solution to this. I also have a GTX 970, Intel I5 3570k quad core 3.40 ghz processor, and 16 gig of ram, and was getting like...5 fps when i ran this in 3840X2160.

Goto your Nvida Control panel, make sure color format is set to YCBCR 4:4:4 Otherwise, at least for me, it would revert to 30hz when I started PSO and I'd get that junk frame rate. Once I changed my settings to that, poof. No issues and smooth sailing.

I hope this helps!

my silly nvidia control panel can't find psobb.exe, I made a desktop shortcut for it but still no. Is there a detection setting I'm missing?

Not sure. I don't think a shortcut will work though, you need the exe in EphineaPSO.
hqGWXGl.png

Not sure. I don't think a shortcut will work though, you need the exe in EphineaPSO.
hqGWXGl.png
HA! I love that your image for PSO is a "no-resta".
I hid a shortcut to the .exe in my program files (x86) hoping directx might catch it, I might try relocating the whole PSO folder in there and see if that jives

HA! I love that your image for PSO is a "no-resta".
I hid a shortcut to the .exe in my program files (x86) hoping directx might catch it, I might try relocating the whole PSO folder in there and see if that jives
Usually, for the exe to be picked up, the exe has to have run and recently closed within the current boot session. The other possible way it seems to pick up exe files is when you have previously added or modified them. Run the game, close the game, then look for the exe. I think there's a possibility for some players that the exe shows up in the list, Ephinea branded (instead of simply being labeled psobb.exe). If you're using a laptop which contains an nvidia card and a supporting integrated card, PSO is so old it often doesn't get classed as being worthy enough to demand the nvidia gpu (so it defaults to integrated). Another way to strongly boost performance is to make sure that the gaming gpu is actually being used at all. This is not a big issue on desktop machines it's mostly a laptop thing

Back