21:9 Ultrawide / Custom Resolution support?

Hi there! I'm new here on Ephinea, and I was wondering if there was any way to get the game running with 21:9 aspect support, specifically at 2560x1080. I did a little digging through the forums and found a couple old threads asking about that, and higher resolutions in general, that never seemed to get very far. Well, I guess higher resolutions did get added to the launcher, but just for 16:9 and 4:3. Anyway, I'm no stranger to tinkering with config/registry values, and was wondering if there is any way to mod the available resolutions in the launcher, or if a custom resolution option might eventually be added. I've seen videos of PSO BB running in ultrawide from other server projects and it looks amazing. After returning to Blue Burst after many years and looking around, I liked the server features offered here and thought that would be the most fun interacting with a PSO community again, which is more important than a couple extra visual bells and whistles. ...Bells and whistles are still nice, however, heh. Also, it would save me some trouble of having to manually switch my desktop resolution so the game doesn't become horribly stretched out in fullscreen.

I added variable resolution to Ultima after someone asked me for a 3 monitor setup, so I pretty much made it so I could use any resolution, but not all random numbers work so there is that.

If Soda/Tofu are up for that, I could let them know how I did it.

Just to add to this, I have tried 21:9 and the game crashes.
I don't have a 21:9 monitor, but I tried to do that with a down scaled monitor resolution (through nVidia's stuff) and having the game in window mode.

Well, that's interesting, especially since the videos I saw were from Ultima. And you would think that as long as a monitor could display a custom resolution, even with an arbitrary aspect ratio, that the game wouldn't care and would work as long as it can be displayed, but maybe there is some critical difference between a custom, scaled 21:9 resolution, and a native 21:9 monitor resolution... I'm good at plugging in numbers and following directions, but nowhere near an expert when it comes to figuring out these kinds of issues.

Well, if you have Ultima installed or feel like trying to see if it even works on a monitor with that resolution.

Atm I don't know why it doesn't work, maybe some value borks after a calculation (I had to get the aspect ratio automatically so the custom resolutions would work) but even when I was doing the resolutions hardcoded, it wouldn't work.

I added variable resolution to Ultima after someone asked me for a 3 monitor setup, so I pretty much made it so I could use any resolution, but not all random numbers work so there is that.

If Soda/Tofu are up for that, I could let them know how I did it.

My UW monitor worked fine in 21:9 on Ultima btw, would love to see this here!

Back