Definitive Material Plan Guide

Is it worth no sato, though? Very important to answer. I think that getting 5 def with that low of dex might be impossible also. You'd have to use a mark 3 cell maybe. There's a reason max mind mags end up with def at 15.
I'm 95% sure that the provided mag plan is possible, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that getting 5 def with that low of dex might be impossible also. You'd have to use a mark 3 cell maybe. There's a reason max mind mags end up with def at 15.

You are correct the above mag is impossible (Unless mark3) since avoiding DEF build up requires DEX to some degree. With 5dfp/6Dex the best you can get to is about Level 19 (6P/2M) (7P/0M).

You can, however, get to 50+ with just a few more of both stats (9DEF/10DEX): [9/11/10/20] is the best I just got fiddling around. I'm sure you could drop Dex/Def +1 if you fiddled with different characters/mags. The main issue is getting it from 0-35, after that, you can find mags/evolutions that allow you to feed without increasing either stat.

Edit: In case you wanted to keep either stat: With 6 DEX the lowest DEF you can get is 11 (Maybe 9 or 10 with bank trick). And with 5 DEF the lowest DEX You can get is 16-17.

Last edited:
If anyone wants an Adept Ramarl build, I'd recommend the following:

12/182/6/0 Tellusis (Fed using a Ramarl. Use monomats to level 10, becomes surya, antidotes until you have 6 dex, then monomates to level 50. I recommend the ID where it gets twins at level 50. Then just use mates until level 200. Should have 12/182/6 and you can get change to the ID that makes it a Kama. Then use the dragon scale. Or you can use the dragon scale sooner so it levels up faster.)

Materials:
7 Pow
57 Def
127 Mind
36 Evade
23 Luck
V101
Adept
Red Ring

Gets all stats but evade maxed out, and evade ridiculously close to the point where you don't really care about the little bit you're missing, and it minimizes power mats since mind mats are cheaper. And the mag can also be useful for certain characters when you're level ~100 and have max ata with your v101 and 3 adepts so that you can just already wreck stuff. Still has 2 free slots for V801, V502, Cure/Freeze, etc., which is usually all the slots you need or bother to use anyways. If you never plan to use more slots it's better than the Min-Max build. But if you want another slot, the Min-Max build is for you.

Yes it's possible to get a 11/183/6/0 mag but that takes forever and you'd still have to use a defense mat to get that 1 more point in defense so it's not even going to get you more evade or more stats in total so it's not worth the trouble. That monomate phase around levels 15-50 or so takes forever and if you can slip in a few dimates without breaking it you should as it saves a lot of time. You can also give it to the right FO at level 35-50 to get more pow from each monomate to speed it up.

Other drawback: Your atp will be kinda low before level 200. But this isn't the end of the world and you have higher other stats.

If anyone wants an Adept Ramarl build, I'd recommend the following:

12/182/6/0 Tellusis (Fed using a Ramarl. Use monomats to level 10, becomes surya, antidotes until you have 6 dex, then monomates to level 50. I recommend the ID where it gets twins at level 50. Then just use mates until level 200. Should have 12/182/6 and you can get change to the ID that makes it a Kama. Then use the dragon scale. Or you can use the dragon scale sooner so it levels up faster.)

Materials:
7 Pow
57 Def
127 Mind
36 Evade
23 Luck
V101
Adept
Red Ring

Gets all stats but evade maxed out, and evade ridiculously close to the point where you don't really care about the little bit you're missing, and it minimizes power mats since mind mats are cheaper. And the mag can also be useful for certain characters when you're level ~100 and have max ata with your v101 and 3 adepts so that you can just already wreck stuff. Still has 2 free slots for V801, V502, Cure/Freeze, etc., which is usually all the slots you need or bother to use anyways. If you never plan to use more slots it's better than the Min-Max build. But if you want another slot, the Min-Max build is for you.

Yes it's possible to get a 11/183/6/0 mag but that takes forever and you'd still have to use a defense mat to get that 1 more point in defense so it's not even going to get you more evade or more stats in total so it's not worth the trouble. That monomate phase around levels 15-50 or so takes forever and if you can slip in a few dimates without breaking it you should as it saves a lot of time. You can also give it to the right FO at level 35-50 to get more pow from each monomate to speed it up.

Other drawback: Your atp will be kinda low before level 200. But this isn't the end of the world and you have higher other stats.

It is much better to max out ATP and ATA as soon as possible on Ramarl (as well as every other non-FO class). Most plans allow for her to do so around level ~140. Additionally, you can plan to use Clio around level 150ish. Unfortunately the other stats do not matter as much in this game.

For example, here is something I threw together very quickly in order to be able to use Clio @ level 150, as well as maintain maxed ATP/ATA/LCK @ level 151.

Last edited:
It is much better to max out ATP and ATA as soon as possible on Ramarl (as well as every other non-FO class). Most plans allow for her to do so around level ~140. Additionally, you can plan to use Clio around level 150ish. Unfortunately the other stats do not matter as much in this game.
Ehh, don't really care about how strong my character is before level 200. I want the best endgame character so none of that matters to me.

Ehh, don't really care about how strong my character is before level 200. I want the best endgame character so none of that matters to me.

DFP and EVP do not increase your character's strength, unfortunately. With the plan I put above, your character will objectively be as strong at level 151 as they will be at level 200 with your plan. Additionally, it is best not to include ADEPT as a requirement at level 200 in order to free up additional slots for cure units and V801.

Following your line of logic, it would seem sensible to reach "endgame strength" as early as possible, no?

As it currently stands, you will be 35 ATA under max at level 140, which is for all intents and purposes, unacceptable in ultimate mode.

Last edited:
DFP and EVP do not increase your character's strength, unfortunately. With the plan I put above, your character will objectively be as strong at level 151 as they will be at level 200 with your plan. Additionally, it is best not to include ADEPT as a requirement at level 200 in order to free up additional slots for cure units and V801.

Following your line of logic, it would seem sensible to reach "endgame strength" as early as possible, no?

As it currently stands, you will be 35 ATA under max at level 140, which is for all intents and purposes, unacceptable in ultimate mode.
I'm at about level 140 and have max ata with the right mag and 2 adepts. You can use a different mag and different slot items before level 200. Also I think def and evp do do something. You can zerk more in TE or similar quests since a lot of enemies will either miss or not even hurt you once you get to a high enough level. Yes the other build is better for most people, but for people to lazy to change more than 2 of their slot items ever, this does get higher stats.

They shouldn't have, which ones?

Hello Spuz, thanks for the quick reply. For example Hucaseal Min Max with free slots sports 133 ATP + 67 Ata (200) AND 5 Def for a total of 205 points.

If I'm not mistaken the native 5 Def points count as levels too, unless were talking about a special mag. Cheers.

Oh damn, your right. All 3 of the HUcaseal without v101 plans have 205. I am sure Matt will edit them when he sees this/has time.

On the FOnewm:
Important Stats Only
Mags: 5/88/61/36, 5/93/101/1 (2nd Mag is for Episode 2, so you can wear V502 instead of Adept)
Units: V101, V801, Adept
Materials:
- 150 Mind
Should be 46, I can't believe no one's caught this one yet.

Last edited:
HUmar @ LV 200
--------------------------------
Shield: RED RING
Units: V101, V801
Mag: 5/97/48/50 @ LV 200
Mats: 0 left
- 123 Power
- 69 Def
- 30 Evade
- 28 Luck
--------------------------------
All stats maxed out
I'm sorta thinking this build is better than Matt's because it uses the same units but also allows you to have, virtually, any mag you want...like a Bhima!

I finally fixed the mag errors in the HUcaseal BOVN plans. Had to remove the Max Stat plan as it doesn't actually work with BOVN (requires two units, so might as well not use BOVN). Rest are fine.

I also finally gave the plans some better names, as suggested by Toriunato on the first page. These are Focused, Optimised and Maximised, as they have a better ring to them.

I don't think there's anything else I'm missing.

While not truly maxed out technically you can get HUcaseal effectively there with BOVN and one unit.
BOVN, Red Ring, and a Centurion/Ability with a Mag at 5/134/61/0, mats:
Pow: 51
Def: 44
Ev: 35
Lck: 20

That will max everything but defense, which will be 3 short of cap.

Back