Server maintenance concluded for March 12th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Maintenance has concluded for March 12th, 2019.

The following changes were made to the game:

- WE'VE BROKEN THE 16-BIT SIGNED INTEGER BARRIER. Yes, now monsters can have more than 32,767 HP. Be prepared for some epic boss fights in the Anguish difficulty levels!
- Increased HP, EXP, and ESP scaling for Anguish levels.
- Reduced technique resistance scaling for Anguish levels.
- Eliminated ATP, MST, DFP and the separate "fixed" damage scaling numbers for Anguish.
- Damage for Anguish levels is now a flat percentage increase instead of messing with ATP, DFP and separate fixed damage number for a monster or each of it's attacks.

Update 3/13/2019
: Fixed damage will actually increase by 40% of the value listed for damage increase instead of the value listed. For example, Anguish 10% lists a damage increase of 500%, which would make fixed damage increased by only 200%. (So an attack which would do 100 damage would now do 300 damage.)

- Added meseta scaling for Anguish levels.
- Demon special now scales per Anguish level instead of a set value. Activation rate formula is x = 0.5 / (1.0 + (damageUp% / 100))
- The duration of the confusion status on a monster becomes shorter with each increase of Anguish level. Confusion duration in seconds is calculated as x = 10 / (1.0 + (damageUp% / 100))
- Anguish level appears upon game join and also in /partyinfo.
- The TAB information for Anguish levels is now more detailed.
- For those who need an updated init.lua for Soly's Monster Reader Addon, you can download it from http://files.pioneer2.net/Monster_Reader_Updated.zip

You'll need this file to see the proper HP values for monsters now.

Thank you for playing on Ephinea!

Update: Changed the link to the Monster Reader update to include the newest version of Monster Reader and SolyLib. Both of these are originally made by Soly, I've only updated the init.lua of the Monster Reader to be compatible with Ephinea.

If you were having trouble with the Monster Reader before, unzip this ZIP into your addons folder.

Last edited:
My party of 4 is experiencing an issue where, regardless of if Anguish is ON or OFF or 1-10, the enemies never take damage from other players and thus stay alive until you kill them.
BUT, this update is incredible! You keep making this game better than I ever thought was possible!

Am I understanding right that Set Damage attacks now do 500% of their normal damage on Anguish 10, then? (Nope, 600% because it's 100% PLUS 500%.)

(This would mean that Gi Gue bomb does 4500 damage, for example, and Delbiter charge would be 3600 damage.) Edit: Nope even more but doesn't matter since the highest possible HP in the game is 2614...

Just making sure I'm understanding this right...?

If I'm right then this means that anything beyond Anguish 4 means 100% chance of death for Lv. 200 FOs for Falz Swipe and the rest of the classes follow shortly thereafter. This means that the game is only "playable" without 100% chance of death at Anguish 4 or below. I understand the intent of Anguish 10, but isn't Anguish 5 a bit early to start exceeding class max HP for set damage?

That's a minor concern. I mean Anguish 4 is still very fun. And I love that the HP barrier was broken. I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. (Since everyone here thinks asking questions = complaining.)

Edit: Ah, never mind. It's PLUS 150% on Anguish 4 so it's 250% total damage, so Falz Swipe does over 2k damage on Anguish 4, meaning that only a couple of classes can survive it. I just had a Lv. 200 player in game confirm this.

So Falz swipe would even exceed 1700 damage on Anguish 3, making it unsurvivable for all FOs. Really the only way to play Anguish before you start getting one shotted is A2 or below. That's very unfortunate. There will still be ways to have fun, but this puts way too much emphasis on class max HP and throws the game very out of balance.

Again, not complaining. Just pointing out numbers. Don't hate please.

Last edited:
Again, not complaining. Just pointing out numbers. Don't hate please.
I agree with you. I just put out a patch for version v1102 that halves the amount of fixed damage increase. So, Anguish 10 will increase fixed damage by 250% instead of 500%, so the fixed damage calculation would be 350% total.

That still puts Falz swipe at 2,842 which is still instant death for all classes, but should be survivable on A9 and below. (Swipe should do 2,588 on A9, but only if you had the highest HP in the game.)

I think that's fair.

Ade got one! We definitely shifted realities here lol. (I really do agree with you tho the damage scaling sounded dumb)

Reactions: Ade
IDEA FOR POST LV 200 XP!!!!

How about this. This would be VERY interesting:

EXP accumulated after Lv. 200 begins to gradually reduce the damage taken from set damage attacks but it can never drop below the actual base set damage amount. (This way it wouldn't given some huge, super broken advantage in base Ultimate mode.)

Wyadda think?

I realize the suggestions forum is down, but this only become pertinent AFTER anguish was released. Good idea? Dumb?

IDEA FOR POST LV 200 XP!!!!

How about this. This would be VERY interesting:

EXP accumulated after Lv. 200 begins to gradually reduce the damage taken from set damage attacks but it can never drop below the actual base set damage amount. (This way it wouldn't given some huge, super broken advantage in base Ultimate mode.)

Wyadda think?

I realize the suggestions forum is down, but this only become pertinent AFTER anguish was released. Good idea? Dumb?
Sounds cool to me. Would give some reason to play post lv200.
Also maybe some custom items, and anguish mode only drops could be cool. (like the skins from seasons)

I think if anything Anguish should get harder the more "experience" in PSO you have. The suggestion forum was closed for a reason though.

The existence of an entire new game mode warrants some back and forth. There was already productive back and forth in this exact topic just a few posts up. Don't play this card.

Something weird happened. I think I shifted into an alternate universe or something. This really made my day, Soda. Thank you for hearing me out =3

Someone agreed with me on something...I'm not 100% dumb all the time :D

Sorry this is like a major breakthrough for me.

Reactions: Ade
Maintenance has concluded for March 12th, 2019.

- For those who need an updated init.lua for Soly's Monster Reader Addon, you can download it from http://files.pioneer2.net/Monster_Reader_Updated.zip

You'll need this file to see the proper HP values for monsters now.

Thank you for playing on Ephinea!

Update: Changed the link to the Monster Reader update to include the newest version of Monster Reader and SolyLib. Both of these are originally made by Soly, I've only updated the init.lua of the Monster Reader to be compatible with Ephinea.

If you were having trouble with the Monster Reader before, unzip this ZIP into your addons folder.

I installed the files and now my readers aren't working properly. I was getting this error:

PKoTqIa.png

Then I made an update to init.lua and now everything is gone. Where's the link for all of the readers so I can update everything?

Why is there no Guile them in the jukebox, you're adding all this superfluous stuff and not focusing on the truly important matters. THE THEME LITERALLY GOES WITH EVERYTHING HOW DID THIS SLIP THROUGH THE CRACKS!?

I'm being silly don't hurt me! :(

Hi @Sodaboy

I have a suggestion regarding set damage. Could we add a unit to the game, and make it ridiculously rare, as follows:

Impact Halfguard: "Set damage attacks and techniques that deal over 1500 damage are reduced by 50%."

The term actually comes from the PSO Episode 3 character Ohgun, so it's lore friendly, too.

OHGUN-3.jpg

I'm thinking this could be like a 1/28,807 drop on some weaker IDs in weaker areas.

The benefit here is this would be useless outside of Anguish, so it wouldn't affect the base game at all. (The highest set damage attack in regular Ultimate mode is 1400.)

This is just an idea, of course. I know there's not a suggestions forum but again, I think the existence of a brand new mode makes this understandable.

Now, if you're DEAD SET on having 100% unavoidable attacks that can't be survived by most (or in the case of A10, all) classes, and you're intending that as part of normal gameplay, then I understand that this suggestion flies in the face of that. I personally think, however, having enemies in an RPG that can never be overcome by statistical superiority and persistence (rather than pure luck and hoping your party doesn't wipe) is poor game design. I think this unit would be the new "major hunt" and a lot of hours and enjoyment would be spent on obtaining it.

As always, if you say no, I won't press the issue. Thanks.

Edit: To clarify my comment. I think the vast majority of the ideas surrouding Anguish are excellent. I just think very carefully about games and I think there's a big difference between real and artificial difficulty. I think setting monster power so high such that, in the entire game, there's no way to overcome the damage they deal, is artificial difficulty, which should be avoided. A unit like this would make it a prize to be found and would sell for hundreds (if not over 1000) PDs and stimulate some MAJOR hunting and playing.

Right now I don't see anyone playing past A4 because there's no point for many classes if they're just going to get continually owned by set damage that no amount of building / preparation can stop.

Impact Halfguard would allow every class (provided 1 or 2 Heavenly/HP units for lower HP classes) to survive the most devastating attacks in the game. But only those willing to spend the time and effort hunting it would be rewarded. I think if it stimulates people to play the game more (and in this case it would be a LOT more), then it's a win-win.

Last edited:
No. No items will be added.

Also, I don’t think A10 survivability is bad. The fixed damage has been reduced a lot already with the previous nerf I did to it. (40% of damage up value.)

Either play A10 or don’t. It’s up to you.. But no more changes will be done regarding damage.

The only changes that will be done, at this point, may be balancing rewards or how damage scales for each level, etc.

Also, people are playing A5+ no problem. Difficult, yeah, but they’re not complaing much about it. Check out Carnageaf’s Twitch videos if you need to learn how to play A5+.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back