Server maintenance concluded for March 2nd, 2019 / メンテナンス終了のお知らせ

For example: is this a "hard" game?...
I understand what you're trying to get at here, but it's disingenuous to compare a singleplayer game with no revive mechanic to a game that has up to 4 players where you can carry a shitload of Scape Dolls. Sure, you get oneshot in PSO, but you can get back up and keep fighting afterward, unlike Mega Man.

Some changes were made to parameter scaling for Anguish modes.

- Monster DFP now only scales by 80% of the parameter boost value. (Previously 100%)
- LCK now only scales by 25% of the parameter boost value. (Previously 100%)
- ESP now only scales by 50% of the parameter boost value. (Previously 100%)

For those who want to know more about how the scaling works, it currently works like so:

- ATP is boosted by 100% of the parameter value.
- MST is boosted by 100% of the parameter value.
- EVP is boosted by 10% of the parameter value.
- HP is boosted by 100% of the parameter value.
- DFP is boosted by 90% of the parameter value. (60% in the case of Vol Opt ver 2's 2nd form and Gol Dragon.)
- ATA is boosted by 100% of the parameter value.
- LCK is boosted by 25% of the parameter value.
- ESP is boosted by 50% of the parameter value.
- For certain enemies that have their fixed damage attacks defined, fixed damage becomes 80%.
- Technique resistances are boosted by 17.5% of the parameter value, with the exception of EDK which is boosted 25%.
- Movement is boosted by 20% of the parameter value.
- Techniques are boosted by 100% of the parameter value.

Also remember the Devil/Demon's specials have a 50% activation rate for Anguish 1-4, 25% activation rate for Anguish 5-7, 10% activation rate for Anguish 8-10.

Note: Values subject to change in the future.

I'll also be adding a menu for One Person Mode to easily change your Anguish level when selecting the Ultimate difficulty during the next maintenance.

Also note: HP for monsters is currently capped at 32,000 due to coding limitations but going to fix this at a later date. This is definitely fixable and I have an idea of how to do it. The hardest part is finding out where HP is used in all parts of the ASM and it's in A LOT of places due to all the different ways HP can be manipulated through attacks, techniques, units, and more.

You will have to patch via the patch server to see the changes. They are effective as of Ephinea v1013.

Edit (03/06/2019): Changed DFP boost to 90% and 60% for Vol Opt/Gol Dragon.

Last edited:
Thanks Soda! And thank you for letting us kick ideas around in this thread. I can’t wait to finish work today to try these new values!

I wanted to give a little feedback; also thanks for all the fixes and updates,but there is a !little" problem, this counts for techs!:
in a10 the enemies have like >90% techniques resist or doesnt take dmg at all, mines arent doable,gillchic taking 1% of foie dmg (drl impossible to beat, vol , falz and darvants arent killable too).
Maybe the techniques resists are boosted too much and a value of 10% would fit better? It would mean much too me if you consider another change boss! (falz 3 would be already really tough with ~93 efr (10% tech resis scaling),(25% technique resist scaling: gillchic -99 EFR, merlan -99 EIC, delsaber - > 100 EIC).

Maybe just scalin the edk up to 20-25% (with 10% scaling megid would be probably too successfull) and EFR ETH EIC ELT 10% this would be great....Then we could do a little bit of dmg, with 25% resis scaling were barely doing any dmg atm. Tyvm for your attention~

Last edited:
Maybe just scalin the edk up to 20-25% (with 10% scaling megid would be probably too successfull) and EFR ETH EIC ELT 10% this would be great....Then we could do a little bit of dmg, with 25% resis scaling were barely doing any dmg atm. Tyvm for your attention~
Taking your post into consideration, I made an adjustment to the DLL and posted it on the patch server now.

Now, Technique resistances are boosted 17.5% except EDK, which is still 25%. 10% is far too low, IMHO, for a challenging mode.

Bring some help if you're having difficulty! We already had a Japanese team beat Anguish 10 Falz pre-modifications (picture is in the Japanese Discord room on the Ephinea Discord server or just click here), so it is definitely doable. Most likely not soloable, if that's what you were trying to do.

Bring some help if you're having difficulty! We already had a Japanese team beat Anguish 10 Falz pre-modifications (picture is in the Japanese Discord room on the Ephinea Discord server or just click here), so it is definitely doable. Most likely not soloable, if that's what you were trying to do.

Yeah, this is great. We're used to easily clearing all content with virtually any pub group on the games hardest difficulty. Now we have the option of "heroic" style challenges that require potentially hours of preparation, practice, strategizing, and commitment to beat them.

Yeah, this is great. We're used to easily clearing all content with virtually any pub group on the games hardest difficulty. Now we have the option of "heroic" style challenges that require potentially hours of preparation, practice, strategizing, and commitment to beat them.

I'm starting to warm up to this idea that some attacks may be unavoidable and not survivable as long as the entire party doesn't wipe and there's someone there to revive you. I see Scape Dolls having value in the future, even in Normal play.

Could we consider allowing Scape Dolls to stack up to 10 in inventory so they don't eat up so much space?

Could you have the Anguish level be displayed when a player first enters a room, and also whenever you use the /partyinfo command?

Could you have the Anguish level be displayed when a player first enters a room, and also whenever you use the /partyinfo command?
That dialog is at it's max on the right. Can only do 3 lines before it backs up and gets slow. I figure the BIG ASS BANNER that shows when you join an Anguish room, at the top of the screen with the monster parameter boost percent, is good enough.

But maybe something can be added, like a /partyinfo2 for more information. We'll see.

Reactions: Ade
Are the lines themselves at their max? Just wondering if a bright red "A[1-10]" could be added to the end of one of the lines without wrapping around.

Are the lines themselves at their max? Just wondering if a bright red "A[1-10]" could be added to the end of one of the lines without wrapping around.
That might be possible, actually. I'll look into that.

Back