Server maintenance concluded for March 2nd, 2019 / メンテナンス終了のお知らせ

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
Server maintenance has concluded for March 2nd, 2019.

- The Hunter's Boost Road has been changed to East Tower, West Tower and Phantasmal World #4.
- We are introducing a new feature to the server which is in BETA, or maybe even ALPHA, I don't know. Anyhow, it's the ability to adjust your "Anguish" level or, basically, parameters of monsters upon game creation. All monster parameters are boosted by a certain percentage, including set damage and technique levels.

Adjusting monster parameters also boosts the amount of experience and your rare find % as well. Not too much, only a smidge. This mode is mainly for people who want a little more challenge with PSO. It's Ultimate only and works with all quests, but does not function during Challenge and Battle.

I fully expect some bugs with this, so if you experience them, please take a note. If the bugs are game breaking, just set your Anguish level to OFF and you can play normally.

That's all for now.

Thank you for playing on Ephinea!

------

2019年3月2日のサーバーメンテナンスが終了いたしました。

HBRは「東天の塔」、「 西天の塔」、と「幻界の果てに 4」になりました。

新しい「アングイッシュ」というアルティメットのみ設定が追加されました。どれのクエストでも、アングイッシュのレベルを上げれば上げるほど、エネミーの力(HP、ダメージ、移動速度など)が上がります。 得られる経験値とレアドロップ率も少し上がります。

新たな挑戦を求めるなら、是非アングイッシュを設定してみてください!

バグがあるはずですので、ご迷惑をお掛けいたしますが、アングイッシュ設定により不具合を発見した場合には,情報をお寄せください。

いつも遊びに来ていただき、誠にありがとうございます!

Last edited:
If I did the math right, Delbiter's Charge should be doing 2304 damage on Anguish 10 (which is 720 x 3.2), but I just put a heavenly/hp on RAcast and boosted up to 2314 HP and it still one shotted me. Maybe that needs to be looked at?

Ah, I get it. They're BOOSTED BY 320%, so it's 420% TOTAL, so really Delbiter Charge does over 2800 damage so no build can survive it. Interesting...

This would actually make certain bosses impossible to beat lol...(assuming you run out of scapes / revives eventually)

A normal attack from a SoF does 10-14 dmg on Bulclaw (With s/d and zal casted.). Then DoB w/Thirteen zerking does 0. Are super hit shots rekt in these uber modes?

Obviously some balance adjustment will be needed. One suggestion I have is setting the MAXIMUM set damage attack to 1696. That way, even Lv. 200 FOnewearl using 3x H/HP could still survive it. Otherwise basically every set damage attack is now more dangerous than Megid, which really throws the balance out of whack.

(Not to mention Falz's swipe is unavoidable...so yeah...)

Overall this is amazing.

This new feature sounds phenomenal. Thank you Sodaboy, very cool!

Reactions: Ade
Hey! This is like that Lv. 1 challenge mode I suggested a while back, but tweaked to be even harder/more customizable! That's so cool!

My fears: Everyone would switch over to high Anguish difficulties, making the game a chore to play through unless you're an uber HUcast or RAcast with a FO glued to your ass until you can get 81 S/D.

What really happened: people bump it up a little bit to make boss rushes a little bit challenging to spice RR/PGF grinding up occasionally, to make the occasional Forest/Caves quest more challenging, and the rare high Anguish game made for the hell of it/epic Twitch streams. Good.

I like this.

Its almost like a very nice b-day gift so I will treat it as such.

How bad does this nerf anyone without 300+ ata defaults though?

Back