Mage Aiming Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
woa dude, playing mage is hard, have you tried making a warrior? their so tuff and prety strong 2

try usin a bow if those spells arnt cutting it for u :) or u can spam the lightning spell ;) pso is hard but u can be harder ;) like me

Ralf and I have been busy. ;) I got sick of the wonky targetting and asked him to look into it, and he found the bugs. Soon™ GC will have a fix for the ridiculous Technique targetting angles, much to Dazzle's dismay, I'm sure.

Plain and simple.

PSOBB has different mechanics (on this particular issue) to the original and the GC port. Not my problem, I didn't setup BB.

@hooty - pedantics. Force/mage - spell/technique. And by priming a spell I mean targetting, ready to cast - not charging it.

Testing the GC again it seems I was wrong. The targetting is indeed the same as the original DC version. The exaggerated player reorientation and targetting was with another spell, that was an error on my part. The issue with Foie however, remains.

I find it hilarious that you lot are saying the original and port is wrong, but BB is somehow 'right.'

@Aleron Ives - Targetting 180 degrees or over distance wouldn't confuse targetting. Even though it doesn't work like that, and I am also not asking for it, under those circumstances targetting should be locked onto the nearest enemy.

To add, I'm not much interested in what you 'think'. I am more interested in reality, I have the emu, I have the ISO, I have setup the original on DC and the aiming issue is ENTIRELY REPRODUCIBLE.

Anyway, I've done the testing and confirmed the issue I found is with PSOBB. Either you lot are in denial, or perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. In one last ditch attempt to ensure I have made every effort to be understood, I'm attaching a picture that I made in paint.

I sincerely hope it illustrates my point.PSO.jpg

As you can see in the image, my complaint has NOTHING to do with aiming distance, since the enemies are well within range. Loot boxes can be used for reproduction of this issue as they are static objects, and therefore better for confirmation.

Neither is the problem that of enemies being 'too close' - as this has been tested under the same conditions in all three versions. Only BB is experiencing this problem.

It appears to me the only stand you lot can take is to insist that PSOBB is working as intended, the GC port is broken, and even the original is wrong. If so, then this discussion is finished.

Last edited:
Just record a video of each GC (emulated, plus or nonplus) and BB and upload them somewhere so that the differences can be seen.

I will try, but I think for now the picture explains it pretty well.

If I can get the game running and a way to make a .gif to stay under the minimum upload here it would be better, but everything in the picture explains the issue with foie.

I saw the video that another user posted in link, and whoever is playing Force is using every spell OTHER THAN foie -.-"

You could just install some screen capture program (like OBS), record a video in medium quality, upload to a new youtube account or vimeo or wherever else you could upload videos, and post the link in this thread. I'm sure there are alternatives

Also I used Foie twice in that vid iirc? But I agree, not the best evidence.

Last edited:
Lv1 Foie auto-target:
5rivpp.gif

Lv29 Foie auto-target:
r79cvy.gif

I don't understand your problem.

Thank you @Ender , I will try to get something up by tomorrow. I appreciate the kind advice.

Also the spamming in the video, I must have missed it then. But yeah, this issue is very easy for you guys to test too with Redream, Dolphin, and of course PSOBB.

Last edited:
Hey @Ryan - That's how foie SHOULD be working, however on BB it ISN'T doing that for me, there is no slight orientation as you have in your .gifs.

Is that PSOBB? If so then I wonder why it's not targetting like that for me.

This is what I've been saying all along :S

This isn't working for me @Ender I am not able to target like that. The only changes I made was switching from keyboard to my X-Box controller, and reversed the X and B buttons on the pad.

Do you have any idea?

At least now we are getting somewhere. My uploaded pic basically describes those gifs (Re: DC/GC ports) - which isn't how my Force is playing in BB.

By the way, thank you @Ryan for the uploads. I appreciate that.

It's not targeting like that for you because, like you've said all along and even shown in your diagram, you are expecting the angle to be wider than it actually is.

Have you tried taking your issue to other PSOBB communities, or maybe just try playing on the PSO:GC server? https://schtserv.com/pso-gc/

Last edited:
All and all, I love how you are coming in here like you are an expert when you are clearly very new to the game and have literally no ground to stand on when saying there is an issue.

You are putting up arguments with people who have been working for the whole PSO community for YEARS and you really look like a fool.

To add, the only one in denial here is YOU.

In your diagram you call green primary targeting and red proximal targeting and that's not how it even works.

full

Last edited:
Also take note of the name..

full

If you spent as much time playing and progressing your character as you spend in complaining and retesting. You could learn that this isn't an issue.

When you finally realize your folly, you owe everyone who has taken time to try and explain this to you an apology for your rudeness and insistency, and we will welcome you with open arms :3

Last edited:
Hey @Ryan - That's how foie SHOULD be working, however on BB it ISN'T doing that for me, there is no slight orientation as you have in your .gifs.

Is that PSOBB? If so then I wonder why it's not targetting like that for me.

This is what I've been saying all along :S

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

This is like having the targeting arrows flying away from the Lillies rather than staying on the monster which is an indication that it's bad install.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/target-system-broken.4463

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back