PSOBB Spanish translation

rzerosix

Hello!
A week ago I found this vanilla server and I m going to start the story mode and enjoy the other features you offer. The experience reminds me my beloved Dreamcast (I used to have one).

I have a cousin that only speak Spanish and we are going to play together. I want him to enjoy the story and the game as I do. Do you know how can I change the language to Spanish?
If the server doesn't have Spanish support, I can work as a volunteer to translate the game! (I'm a foreign language student so I will enjoy doing it)

See ya!.

The game has already been translated to multiple languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, German).
I have (vanilla) files of the translations here.

I don't know if Ephinea allows it but if you can use a custom unitxt file, you can edit the Spanish file and use it (you'd have to update it every time the game updates tho).

I checked the link but I do not know what to do. I download the files (.json) and pasted them into the data folder but I could not know what is next.
Do you know a tutorial or something similar or where can I find a guide?

Last edited:
Although this stuff is not really user friendly here it goes
You need the tool called Unitxt.

With it and the json file you want, you open a command prompt where the tool and the file are and use the command
unitxt -j2p ./unitxt_s.json

it will create a file called unitxt_s.prs which then you can move to the data folder of the game.

Enable "Custom" at the top right of the launcher
Rename the previous file unitxt_s.prs to unitxt_j.prs and put it in the data folder (overwriting the file there).

But as I said before, if the file is not updated, it will break your item names and possibly menus in the lobby and who knows what else.

I can give you a hand with this, send me PM

It worked but after the "log-in screen", an update appears and does not allow me to continue because the game has to be "restart". When I "start" the game again the language changes to english and default settings .
eda95b4c3e0c60d56af7d302ce594646-full.jpg

It worked but after the "log-in screen", an update appears and does not allow me to continue because the game has to be "restart". When I "start" the game again the language changes to english and default settings .
eda95b4c3e0c60d56af7d302ce594646-full.jpg
Change your language to “Custom” in the launcher before starting the game... But, be warned, your items and everything will be incorrect because the Spanish Unitxt does not have our custom items added.

I really appreciate your help!
I've changed it to "custom" but it didn't work.
I don't want to be annoying with this but I want my cousin to understand the story of the game.
I will explain him while we play together.
Thanks!

Back