Ephinea 2019 Super Bowl Box

How do you want numbers to be drawn when box is filled?

• Have hooty post a video of d10 rolls.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don't have 5 PDs to burn because I don't play enough but i just want to remind everyone not to count out touchdown tom

When the box is filled numbers 0-9 will be randomly drawn for each side
Why, though? You could easily just write the numbers out in order ahead of time and make this look a lot more transparent.

Why, though? You could easily just write the numbers out in order ahead of time and make this look a lot more transparent.

Because then people could pick numbers more likely to appear, like multiples of 7 or 3. The method of blank numbers is the standard way football squares are done.

For those who don't gamble and don't like or care about football or sports in general; please consider playing anyways even if you don't watch/care. It's 5pd to contribute and be a part of this and it helps to reach the 100 unique entry goal which will be very hard to reach without a good chunk of the community getting involved. Throw down 5pd, help us reach the goal, get lucky and win big.

If it wasn't already clear, this game is 100% luck. So even if you know nothing about football, gambling, or numbers, you have an equal chance as everyone else to win.

And since sesyi is gracious enough to add bonus items in addition to the PD prize pool, the expected value of betting 5 PD is actually greater than 5 PD. So you're actually LOSING PDs by NOT playing. ;)

I would like to recommend a rule change:

Instead of "the end of Q4" as the grand prize winner, I would suggest "the end of the game." There is a small change that Q4 ends tied and so the game goes to Overtime.

I think it would be more fun to have the grand prize come down to the actual end of the game score rather than a potential tied score at the "end of Q4."

I mean this is the standard format really prefer not to change it. Have never played a box where overtime is involved is always q1/2/3/4. maybe I'll add a small bonus prize if it goes to overtime.

I didn't read any of this and I've never heard of Football in my entire life but I'll take box #20 for 5 PDs since SOMEONE already took #69, the funniest number

Use Random.org to pull numbers.
If you get a duplicate pull again.

I was thinking if you don't get 100 unique entries, how about capping each player at only 5 boxes? I think that would fill up spots if everyone on the board now wants to spend 25 PDs. Just a thought.

Reactions: SLU
The problem with 5 box limit is it's clearly a profitable buy so all the wealthy players would fill the box and people with only 5pd to spare would likely not get in. This would be a lot easier on me to organize if I just let people play up to 5boxes or even 2 boxes but there will be complaints about some having more boxes than others. That was what initially happened as I said would reserve 20 boxes for myself because figured I would need to take that many boxes in order to make sure this runs. Got some complaints about it being unfair that I had more boxes than everyone else so I try to do it like this and maybe a lot more would join. I'll try very hard to recruit to make this 100 unique entry goal. The amount of organizing and expense to do this...unlikely to do it again so might as well make it perfect.

Last edited:
Back