Did you try doing it on a different character type or difficulty setting? I don't know what to say, restarting in safe mode + networking would probably be a disappointment too. Are you using any non-default skins of any kind?

I am only running the default base client without any addons.

It happens for all difficulties and all my characters.

I got my friend to come over and try his account on my pc.

It happened to him as well but he went home and tried and it went back to normal for him.

Hence now I am sure it is a certain setting somewhere on my PC.

Just need to figure out how to reset every setting back to default for Ephinea on my PC and it should work again.

But since uninstalling, deleting the entire folder and reinstalling doesn't do anything, I believe it is likely some hidden config file not in the Ephinea folder.

Dear Developers and GMs, kindly let me know where this file or perhaps registry entry relating to camera view is found if you know so I can reset it to default and deal with this issue once and for all.

I am only running the default base client without any addons.

It happens for all difficulties and all my characters.

I got my friend to come over and try his account on my pc.

It happened to him as well but he went home and tried and it went back to normal for him.

Hence now I am sure it is a certain setting somewhere on my PC.

Just need to figure out how to reset every setting back to default for Ephinea on my PC and it should work again.

But since uninstalling, deleting the entire folder and reinstalling doesn't do anything, I believe it is likely some hidden config file not in the Ephinea folder.

Dear Developers and GMs, kindly let me know where this file or perhaps registry entry relating to camera view is found if you know so I can reset it to default and deal with this issue once and for all.
Post a video of a run from entering Seabed Upper to getting hit by the Morfos. Not to sound harsh, but every time someone has mentioned this as their issue, they are doing something wrong like stopping in the hallway (after the spawn trigger for the 2 Morfos + 2 Dolmolm wave was touched).

Post a video of a run from entering Seabed Upper to getting hit by the Morfos. Not to sound harsh, but every time someone has mentioned this as their issue, they are doing something wrong like stopping in the hallway (after the spawn trigger for the 2 Morfos + 2 Dolmolm wave was touched).

It's perfectly legitimate to question my claims. We are trying to find the root cause after all.

Thing is, I have done this on several characters totaling, at the very least, 1000 solo runs as I was farming for certain items before this bug suddenly happened.

I am sure that you can do these based on the runs I have done:

1) stopping in the hallway and standing at the edge(just roughly half of your character's front foot in the room is the maximum) to kill the dolmolms with shots/rifles/handguns/zonde first while not triggering the spawn for the Morfos before pulling back about 3-4 steps into the hallway to the wire gauze area then running directly to the spot all while not changing camera view.

OR

2) waiting for the morfos to disappear again if you triggered their spawn by pulling back about 3-4 steps into the hallway to the wire gauze area and waiting for their representation dots on the minimap to disappear before starting the run to the spot while not changing camera view.

OR

3) running directly to the dolmolms and killing them before turning back without changing camera view to target the morfos.

*The "spot" is actually not really just that one spot. You can go almost right up till you can barely see the corner of the raised platform where the morfos spawn after killing the dolmolms so u are as close as possible to the morfos before u stop and start your one-sided killing spree.

**On your own screen, you will not see the projectiles shot from the morfos as long as you do not change the camera view. If you are with a friend and your friend does the run while you watch, on your screen you will see the projectiles always flying over their head and totally missing them.

I am always looking at the minimap after I back up and stop for a while to ensure that I have not inadvertently tripped the spawn trigger before I make the run.

Hopefully this is an exhaustive list of the do's and do-not's. Feel free to point out any that I have missed and I will try it.

As for the video, I will make one when I have the time to look up how to do it. Likely this weekend.

Either that, or I will just backup and format the PC and reinstall to get rid of the hidden setting.

the runs I have done
I'm pretty sure the 3rd one is the most correct as it's what I do and it always works. I was under the impression that spawning at all, even once, is the only chance you get to not be fired upon with a static camera angle.

I don't doubt your theory about a hidden setting as I've run into a very strange problem myself which I brought up months ago and has since become a 'cold case' even with much help from mods and the community.
My problem is that ever since the extended draw distance patch came out for the game options, the option file of the game ceased to execute, even after applying every technique I could find on the internet. (but to be fair, I am still running on Vista - hopefully Xmas will change that)

I am actually tired of this whole thing.

After 3 days of trying everything I can think of, nothing works.

Ah well. Guess I will just format it. Been meaning to unclutter that laptop for a while anyway.

Good excuse haha!

Thanks to all who replied and gave their opinions.

Much appreciated.

Good day.

I was having issues with the morfos shooting me too. But since I'm new to this I thought I was just doing something wrong. After I kill the first 2 guys with hell, I run to the other side of the room and drop a telepipe (since it is instant vs casting the spell) and pipe up and back down. I can then kill the morfos without them shooting at me.

I was having issues with the morfos shooting me too. But since I'm new to this I thought I was just doing something wrong. After I kill the first 2 guys with hell, I run to the other side of the room and drop a telepipe (since it is instant vs casting the spell) and pipe up and back down. I can then kill the morfos without them shooting at me.
You don't need to telepipe to reset the Morfos, you can just leave the room and then run back in.

You don't need to telepipe to reset the Morfos, you can just leave the room and then run back in.

That wasn't working for me, they would always shoot me.
That's why I was using telepipe vs casting ryuker (or h/e it's spelled) Theyd normally shoot me before I could finish the cast.

We're you adjusting your camera at all? I never had problems with it.

Run out halfway in the hall wait a tick.
Run to center of room or further. Not adjusting the camera.
Use the map to aim my character to make the shots.

If you're not well in the room they will still get a bead on you.
Nope, doesn't work. They start shooting me about the time I reach the locked door on the otherside of the room.

It's possible you're letting them spawn by standing too long in the first doorway

Back