Quick question - Quick answer

Is Cell of Mag 213 obtainable through a quest like 502 is, or is it event/holiday Rappy only?

Halo Rappy/Jack O'Lantern or Item Ticket only. Can get all cell information here:
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/basic-mag-information.1497

Is there a cycle for these increased exp/dar/rare drop/rare monster rates?

Yes, it is a weekly rotation: EXP > DAR> RER > RDR And vieable in the mainpage via the monster killcount: https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/kill-counters/

What is the most "optimal" mag aside from having twins? I know Nidra is favored for its triggers and better % rates over Sato but is there an even better option?

What is the most "optimal" mag aside from having twins? I know Nidra is favored for its triggers and better % rates over Sato but is there an even better option?
Tellusis is the best for invulnerability at low HP trigger because the trigger rate is 55% and no mags get a synchro bonus for invuln at 1/10 HP.

Agastya has a synchro bonus at 100PB, but it has a resta trigger at 1/10 HP so it is limited to quests where you don't generally try to get HP trigger for mag invuln.

But of course Sato is the cutest. So it's a balance between efficiency A (1/10 HP), efficiency B (boss room), efficiency C (100PB and swag), and AESTHETICS.

Elenor is good if you're soloing as a cast cause S/D triggers, since in higher levels of Ultimate the boss S/D trigger can be a huge difference in time-saving, and a low-HP invulnerability that's pretty reliable.

Is there a quick in-game way to take screenshots? I presume there is, but I haven't found out how.
Print screen, the photo then end in your bmp folder which is inside the Ephinea PSOBB data folder.

List of all the weapon categories that avoid manual evasion?
Slicers
J-Cutters
Launchers
Cards
Dark Meteor Special

There might be some other weapons that have special attacks that ignore it as well I'm unaware of.

Reactions: SLU
Heyyy, I have three:

1) What's the most efficient way to level in One Person mode? (I often can't find games at the times I play)
2) Where/how often specifically do Photon Drops drop? Is it it a flat rate on just about anything or are there better places to farm them?
3) On the Ephinea bonuses, is Drop% the rare drop rate and Rare% rare monster rate?

Thanks! :D

Heyyy, I have three:

1) What's the most efficient way to level in One Person mode? (I often can't find games at the times I play)
2) Where/how often specifically do Photon Drops drop? Is it it a flat rate on just about anything or are there better places to farm them?
3) On the Ephinea bonuses, is Drop% the rare drop rate and Rare% rare monster rate?

Thanks! :D

1.) The most ''efficient'' way to get EXP in one person or multi-mode would be Maximum attack S in EP4 Referred to as maS. This has a huge monster count and starts straight in Sub Des. It has no drops due to its huge monster count and can also be good for unsealing in normal due to the count of enemies. If solo would require having decent gear though to do this, and probably be a FO/newm.

After this there are lots of really good options:

E4
  • Maximum Attack 4A/B/C: Can do 1st room only and repeat up to astarks depending on how well you can handle them; any class can do this at different paces. Or if full run C is the best EXP.
  • New Mop-up-Operation 3 (full): FO/newm easier to solo than other classes; doorways dipping in and out can help.
  • Or any E4 quest really has decent EXP.

E1/2
The EXP is generally less in a lot of the quests here but the enemies are generally easier to deal with.
  • Maximum attack S: Yes there is multi-Episode versions and this stil has a huge amount of enemies.
  • Maximum Attack 4A/B/C: Can do 1st room or all clear C, good amount of enemies
  • Towards the Future: If incapable of doing whole of the quest can do just to the Dragon/Other bosses and repeat.
  • Respective Tomorrow: If incapable of doing the whole quest can do just to Barba Ray/Other bosses and repeat.
  • Any Quest with a decent monster count.

______
2.) Photon Drops are flat rate, 1/2000 iirc but do not quote me on that (could be wrong). There is better places to farm them and these places are by doing the Phantasmal World Series obtaininglucky coins and playing the roulette as PD is also a reward there.

3.) in /partyinfo (or when joining a game); Drop% is the ''Drop Anything Rate'' and Rare% is the ''Rare Drop Rate''. The Rare monster is not displayed.

@GorgeousMyStage

2.) Photon Drops are flat rate, 1/2000 iirc but do not quote me on that (could be wrong). There is better places to farm them and these places are by doing the Phantasmal World Series obtaininglucky coins and playing the roulette as PD is also a reward there.

Photon drops have a variable drop rate depending on a few factors. Once it passes the DAR roll for the enemy, then if it rolls tool drop (idk exact
probability), in the tool drop table for ultimate PD rate is 80/10000. The math works out to around 1/2000 for a lot of enemies.

That being said, if you are low level you can farm dragon, which has 4 set tool boxes. That way you are fighting alot less RNG as the only rate that matters there is 80/10000.

The good news is that they drop from everything. So, you are always hunting PDs.

Photon Drops don't have a fixed rate, since they drop from everything. Some enemies have 20 DAR, while others have 80 DAR. Most grunts are in the realm of 30-40 DAR, so for the sake of example let's assume on average enemy DAR is 35. After an enemy decided to drop an item, it can drop 1 of 3 things: a tool, Meseta, or its type drop. This is a flat roll, so the odds of getting a tool are 0.33. Finally, the type of tool must be chosen, and the odds of getting a Photon Drop are 0.008. This gives us:

0.35 * 0.33 * 0.008 = 0.000924
1 / 0.000924 = 1082.25

This is how you reach the common shorthand that the "PD rate" is 1/1000 from anything. In reality, the PD rate varies from:

0.10 * 0.33 * 0.008 = 0.000264
1 / 0.000264 = 3787.87

to

1.0 * 0.33 * 0.008 = 0.00264
1 / 0.00264 = 378.78

depending upon whether you're killing Recons or Rappies.

Boxes don't have a DAR, so all that matters is their 0.1 chance to drop a tool:

0.1 * 0.008 = 0.0008
1 / 0.0008 = 1250

so boxes have a 1/1250 chance to drop a PD in all areas in Ultimate.

Last edited:
Fomarl is support/battle mage and arguably the best in parts of e2. party oriented. wiggly dress when she runs on those little feet. business oriented personality.

Fonewm is nuke king, arguably the best in e4 and also shreds solo hunts in e1/4. adds a lot to any party but also a solo god. wears high heels, has rakish charm.

no wrong choice.
Get a man that looks at you the way Cameron looks at fomarls

I remember being able to use skins, such as sonic, tails and some other sega characters, but I forgot how to do it. I think I needed a software, but I can't find it. First off, since it's purely graphical, it is allowed here, right? And 2ndly, assuming question is true, where do I find it? Help appreciated. :)

coal can trade for presents (40 for ultimate present) or 1 for random weapon with 50% hit and potential for 55/60

I remember being able to use skins, such as sonic, tails and some other sega characters, but I forgot how to do it. I think I needed a software, but I can't find it. First off, since it's purely graphical, it is allowed here, right? And 2ndly, assuming question is true, where do I find it? Help appreciated. :)

the NPC skins are limited to GM's only. But I am sure you can work out how to do one for yourself (while everyone else still sees the character) idk how though.

Some sites that 'could' help:
https://psoskins.jimdo.com/
http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/skin/listeSkin.php5

Frozen shooter or spread needle. Which should a new ramarl try to get first? Which will be more important for the majority of content?

you can get both for a song with little or no hit, so not really an issue. both are standard for low level ultimate 'assist' ramar, where youre just crowd controlling and dropping some damage when you can.

your big first purchase is your demons needle, which will let you run most content with the big boys. that will run you 60+ pds

Thanks for the reply! For what reason would they be limited to GM's only, though? They grant no advantage whatsoever.

My assumption is that it is because they feel a bunch of NPC skins everywhere running around would be tacky and have a private server feel when they try to stick to the whole ''feel of vanilla/Official''.

Reactions: Eva
Back