Echelon's skins & modifications

Man I wish I had seen this thread sooner! Those are some really solid skins...looks like it's time for me to move on from the PSZ HUD i've been using for many years in favor of your blue glass one now... ;)

I seem to be having some trouble with the custom HUD's. As soon as I got the Marutah mag and went to the mag screen it would crash :/ it seems to do it with all the custom HUD's. Anyone aware of this and know of any fixes?

Hey Echelon. You've done a whole lot, and taken the PSO UI just about to its limit. I think you've done more than anyone has ever done within the limits of this game!!

That said, I want to match your beautiful custom UI, and you included custom theme setting pictures, but I can't seem to get the UI to update. I seem to remember their being an option to use custom theme, but that was a while back and I haven't had to think about it in a while... Am I missing something super obvious?

@Shichimiya Thank you very much for your kind words;
I'm talking to a professional weekly so let's say the situation is under control, but i appreciate your offer!

In fact, this hobby is part of a bigger "thing" that is to create/be creative. I'm a passionated music producer and an amateur at video editing. When i was younger i was drawing and painting. I even tried to learn programming at some point. I'd also like to write an interactive story one of these days.
But i'm so unfocused, plus my current situation, that i end up doing nothing... So i'm not really giving up in this regard, just trying to refocus on something that would count for something. ...We'll see how it goes :)

@Echelon Sorry to hear you're not well. I have psychological issues, been stable only for a year and a half, life's tough.

To challenge myself I've been trying to loosely imitate one of your "Tools Shop" texture in vectors. (Base PSOGC texture is 64x32 px)

Here's 3 hours of work u_u
(Featuring my own PSO font)

Tools.png

For anyone wondering :

Tools Shop // New Arrivals Daily
Nutrition and Medicine

- Mates and fluids
- Comes in Mono to Tri
- Sol moon star atomizers

Stackable for easier inventory management

Best prices
Nutritious and tasty
Revives fallen allies

Last edited:
Wow very nice imitation, i'm impressed! Especially at that size

Figured i would leave the other ones here for everyone.
For PSOBB, download the rar and replace the files with Texture Manager.

(btw don't try to read the text it's lazy random bs :p)

Texture 6.png
Texture 7.png Texture 8.png Texture 20.png Texture 21.png Texture 22.png Texture 23.png Texture 122.png Texture 218.png Texture 219.png Texture 220.png Texture 221test.png Texture 222test.png Texture 223test.png Texture 243.png

Attachments

• Pioneer II HD Screens.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Hey your text wasn't complete BS on those shop signs at least ^_-. I did my own spin on it too lol (cf. previous post)

I made some adjustments to Tools Shop texture and did Guard Shop sign too.
(thanks to vectors I can output any crazy resolution I want/need, it's especially useful for signs or billboards since they get scaled by the game by a huge factor sometimes)

tex1_64x64_d940c5ed208aadcd_14.png

Last edited:
Color's a little off still on the signs, in this shot you can also see a few HiRes recreation of original UI elements ;)

GPOP8P-31.png

Hey, I was taking a look in your Pioneer II HD Screens and they look absolutely amazing! Great job on that :)

So those Texture files are in dds format. I know you can use Texture Manager to export/import these files. On this case, what is the name of PSOBB file where I should import these dds files to?

You are very talented Echelon, but everyone needs to take a break from time to time, it's not easy for anyone to stay focused on making somethin thing for so long. I'm sure that eventually you will find more inspiration and creativity to keep doing your hobby after you spend some time 'breathing' and giving attention to other priorities ;)

Hi and thanks @yanvbraz;

With Texture Manager, open EphineaPSO folder > data > scene:
  • map_acity00.xvm -> Pioneer II Episode 1 Ultimate
  • map_city00.xvm -> Pionner II Episode 1 Normal - Very Hard
  • map_city02.xvm -> Pioneer II Episode 4 All difficulties
Import/replace the corresponding files and save. Hope it helps

Last edited:
Hi and thanks @yanvbraz;

With Texture Manager, open EphineaPSO folder > data > scene:
  • map_acity00.xvm -> Pioneer II Episode 1 Ultimate
  • map_city00.xvm -> Pionner II Episode 1 Normal - Very Hard
  • map_city02.xvm -> Pioneer II Episode 4 All difficulties
Import/replace the corresponding files and save. Hope it helps

If I post the xvm files with the HD textures in them, can other's just drag and drop? Would save people a lot of work.

Great work as always. I hope things improve, Echelon. You're a very talented individual. Chin up!

Well, here's my latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fz3vdj7a129q64z/AREA_-_Pioneer_II_HD_Screens.rar/file
Note that it includes Tamashii's Episode 1 City High Resolution Retexture for the neons signs, and it doesn't include the custom screens i made in the principal room because i didn't like them in the end, but of course you can do your own custom xvm with them if you want that.

Also, i linked my full mediafire folder in my thread, it contains almost everything i made for PSO over the years.

Spring cleaning: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/echelons-skins-modifications.4357/

-A bunch of edits, reuploads and screenshots.
-Reuploaded "PSO2 Crater Interior" and "Subterranean Beach" with their fog entries fixed. They share the same file now so they don't overwrite each others. Will do the same for "PSO2 ultimate Mines" later.
-Removed Particles entry in 'Subterranean Beach".
-Will reupload "PSO2 Effects & Technics" after some fixes.

Last edited:
Good to see you back. Hope you're feeling better lately. Start that patreon the skinning/modding presence is sorely missed for this game, I count myself among people who I'm sure would love to support your work.

Back