Problems with DS4Windows

ragnar723

Okay so I am a long time gamecube player who is just getting started with BB, the only thing that making this place less enjoyable is that I to use the keyboard. So, due to several suggestions from people in game I got a PS4 controller, and installed DS4Windows. I mapped all the buttons as I want them, however when I go into PSO it seems like it only sees certain of the controls, and the ones that do work are all wonky. For instance I set pressing the right analogue stick down to open up the menu which works fine, and I set both the share and options buttons as enter, but only the share button works and only on certain screens. I set the arrows for movement to the dpad and left analogue stick and it works to move the little light ball around on the loading screen but I cant contiously walk, and the camera switch wont work on the button I set it too. The controller is brand new, and I am on Windows 10. It seems the controller works perfectly as intended for browsing outside of the game I should add. Anyone have any idea how to remedy this? I have been playing with it all day.

have you tried it without ds4windows? i found it to be more annoying than anything. then again i remap with xpadder so i forget if that's a functionality of ds4win. another option you *could* consider is launching pso from steam and utilizing their controller support. good luck, lmk what works/doesn't!

Reactions: Koh
So you were right, I tried it without DS4Windows and it works perfectly. I was under the impression that you needed it to use a PS4 controller on Windows for some reason. But when I plug the controller in, audio doesn't work for some reason, any idea why that is? Thanks for your help so far!

Reactions: Koh
So you were right, I tried it without DS4Windows and it works perfectly. I was under the impression that you needed it to use a PS4 controller on Windows for some reason. But when I plug the controller in, audio doesn't work for some reason, any idea why that is? Thanks for your help so far!
Probably Windows changing your default audio device to the controller. Just go to the control panel and make sure your own sound card is the default.

^can confirm that's a thing. as much as i'd like to route my signal to my controller speaker for its superior audio quality, it does bugger things up a little.

haha audio seems to work fine if I connect via bluetooth but it seems to slow my internet connection for some reason. When I pick up items it lags a bit and the initial screens take forever to load. I also noticed videos outside of the game wont load but as soon as I disconnect my controller they're good to go. Thanks for your help guys, I seriously appreciate it

^can confirm that's a thing. as much as i'd like to route my signal to my controller speaker for its superior audio quality, it does bugger things up a little.
It's actually for the headphone/headset jack that's built into the PS4 controller. :p

My fighting game stick does this if I plug it into the PC if it's on PS4 mode and not X-Input mode as well.

For anyone wanting to use DS4windows i use it all the time for other games to get a better reading of the ps4 remote.
1:Open DS4windows
2:Click Profiles tab
3:Click new profile
4:Click special actions tab
5:Uncheck Disconnect Controller

Back