Disconnecting at Photon Blasts.

Skauld

Hello,

I tried hijacking an old thread but I guess it just didn't get the recognistion that I needed to help resolve my problem.
So at first I thought I was getting randomly disconnected but playing with my friend we've managed to wittle it down to find out that it's everytime we use Photon Blasts that I get disconnected.

My internet connection as far as I'm concerned and aware is very stable with fast download and upload speeds. I use programs in the background such as Discord/YouTube as I heard that may help due to PSO's very little activity requirement. As for latency it's not normally an issue that I've experienced in other games and with it being disconnected due to photon blasts it makes me doubt that it may be a problem with the router but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm currently using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with the latest updates/drivers. Also I am not using wireless and am plugged into the router directly. I've disabled DEP on my system by using the command "bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff" in the command console. I'm not using an Antivirus and use the basic Windows Firewall service that PSOBB has been granted access.

I'm a little bit at a loss so I'm looking for anyone who may have any suggestions or solutions! I believe I may have the same problem as what @Jamie had and that @tofuman had managed to fix for him.

I don't believe I have Windows Defender activated unless it's active by default?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
I checked with Windows Defender and seen that it's enabled by default. I've currently disabled it and so far I haven't disconnected with Photon Blasts. So far so good! I'll keep you posted!

EDIT #2:
Recieved a disconnect without using Photon Blast. /Sad.

EDIT #3:
The disconnection still happens at Photon Blast.

upload_2018-11-22_1-49-25.png

Last edited:
Still having trouble with this. The disconnections seem to be from cut scenes. So for example; photon blasts or the scene with the dragon flapping it's wings and landing. Would love some help.

Only suggestions I can give you are to try without AV and/or also make sure Data Execution Protection (DEP) is turned off or PSO is made an exception.

I hope you can figure out what the problem is, though, as well as find a solution. If you do, feel free to post what it was here.

I doubt the server is purposefully disconnecting you and probably something wonky with the client, but it is extremely hard to debug the client without access to the original source code (we didn’t develop Phantasy Star Online) and especially when an issue doesn’t occur on our own computers.

Good luck!

Reactions: NDW
Same thing happened to mew last night. Had tried to chain her Twins to someones Deer PB and BLOOP! Right to mews screen saver! lol. Annoying to say the least. =/ GL!!

Happened to a teammate of mine. Completely having Discord closed/shut down fixed it though it seems. Wasn't any special settings or using an overlay or anything, just having Discord up always made PSO disconnect during PB blasts. Not sure why, not sure how, but it's fixed now and they just use Discord on their phone instead. Seems easy enough to try, might work!

Back