Quick question - Quick answer

easiest way to experience most of the game's content as a 20ish RAmar? I need a break from grinding out TTFs.

If you want the quick grand tour, you can run RT (respective tomorrow) to see a brief glimpse of all EP2 areas and bosses, and then PoD (point of disaster) for a glimpse of EP4 crater, subterranean desert, and the one EP4 boss.

Otherwise, I might suggest running through the Government quests for each episode; they are the "story" of the game and will take you through all of the content.

What should I focus on accomplishing as a level 36 FOmar? I have been given some elemental wands and other weapons that I won't be able to use until I'm in ultimate mode most likely. Currently feeling pretty underpowered though, especially in multiplayer.
My MAG is level 30 something too and is mainly in mind, should I be shooting for any weapons in particular as I want to melee too, or do I just try to trudge through until about level 80?
Seems like I'm just outgunned by 90% of my teammates and of course I die super quickly.

What should I focus on accomplishing as a level 36 FOmar? I have been given some elemental wands and other weapons that I won't be able to use until I'm in ultimate mode most likely. Currently feeling pretty underpowered though, especially in multiplayer.
My MAG is level 30 something too and is mainly in mind, should I be shooting for any weapons in particular as I want to melee too, or do I just try to trudge through until about level 80?
Seems like I'm just outgunned by 90% of my teammates and of course I die super quickly.

Just go with mind on the mag - you won’t do any damage with melee stuff for a long time with fomar ata. Pretty much just support is all he’s got early on but it’s worth the wait

As Eva said, you will want to focus on nuking and supporting for a while. Focus on getting a v801/Gifoie merge/fire scepter agni/Lv29 attack techniques (can find these fairly cheap on the forums.. 5 for a pd) to start. Get your mag to 200 or buy one for 1-2 pds from the trade forum. Anyone who is just starting up fresh will struggle, but as a FO, high level shifta/deband/jellen/zalure is always useful.

Just go with mind on the mag - you won’t do any damage with melee stuff for a long time with fomar ata. Pretty much just support is all he’s got early on but it’s worth the wait
As Eva said, you will want to focus on nuking and supporting for a while. Focus on getting a v801/Gifoie merge/fire scepter agni/Lv29 attack techniques (can find these fairly cheap on the forums.. 5 for a pd) to start. Get your mag to 200 or buy one for 1-2 pds from the trade forum. Anyone who is just starting up fresh will struggle, but as a FO, high level shifta/deband/jellen/zalure is always useful.
Thank you guys for the encouragement. I gave my one PD so far to a very generous guy who gave me 3 elemental wands, and some other cool FO stuff plus techs. Although, I don't have anything like you listed yet like a v801 or merges. Are these things I can realistically obtain in V Hard or do I need to wait until ult to really hunt things? I guess I just need to focus on leveling up so I can use some of the gear I've been given and hope for PDs to trade.
Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated. My character name is Red (with like 5 spaces lol) if you see me around on my FOmar.

Thank you guys for the encouragement. I gave my one PD so far to a very generous guy who gave me 3 elemental wands, and some other cool FO stuff plus techs. Although, I don't have anything like you listed yet like a v801 or merges. Are these things I can realistically obtain in V Hard or do I need to wait until ult to really hunt things? I guess I just need to focus on leveling up so I can use some of the gear I've been given and hope for PDs to trade.
Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated. My character name is Red (with like 5 spaces lol) if you see me around on my FOmar.
You could potentially get lucky and find the merge parts before you enter ultimate mode, but that is still unlikely. The best way, IMO, to get these items are to trade for them. For now, pick up armor and shields as you level and vendor them. Sell power materials, luck materials (for now you just need to use HP and mind materials) and meseta on the forums for PDs. Then exchange those PDs for merges, v801, etc.

Sell
Luck materials - 2 for 1PD
Power materials - 7 for 1PD
Photon Crystals - 1 for 1PD
Meseta - 500k for 1PD

Buy
Lv30 Shifa/Deband/Jellen/Zalure - 1PD each
Lv29 Attack techniques - 4 or 5 for 1 PD
V801 - 4PD
Gifoie Merge - 5-6PD (5PD for red barrier, 1 for gifoie amp)
Three Seals - 1PD (boosts razonde by 30%)

EDIT: Also, the summer Anniversary event should start sometime next month and that is an excellent chance to get event items and other neat things. I would make it a goal to get to level 80 before then so that you can join ultimate mode for the event. Keep an eye out on the forums for more information regarding the event.

Last edited:
question about rare drop! I don't know if this was answered so
if we have like 150% rare drop bonus, and you want to get dragon's claw from Sil Dragon (4.29688%), is it an addition (54.29688%) or a multiplication? (6.????%). I guess the latter, Thanks for answering!

question about rare drop! I don't know if this was answered so
if we have like 150% rare drop bonus, and you want to get dragon's claw from Sil Dragon (4.29688%), is it an addition (54.29688%) or a multiplication? (6.????%). I guess the latter, Thanks for answering!

It's the latter. The former would be obscene.

Some enemies aren't invincible when they spawn, e.g. Savage Wolf, so if you cast Gifoie multiple times before they spawn, they'll spawn and then get hit several times all at once from the Gifoies you already used. On the other hand, this doesn't work with Boomas, so you'll just see 0 when they spawn and get hit by your Gifoies. It's mosly useful in Episode IV, since Satellite Lizard and Yowie have low enough EFR to make Gifoie do decent damage.

While solo, my Techs flinch lock most everything down to the point that I can usually just stand there and cast fast enough to rarely get hit. (Though sometimes a little repositioning is necessary.)

Does it flinch lock everything for other party members, or is there a desynch, and any monster that isn't frozen is still running wild on everyone else's screens, unflinched?

I think sometimes monster are sync, sometimes not. like yesterday my friend was hurt and the monster was like 60 feet apart for me.
I know damage and aliments works. So about the flinch lock sometimes it works. I remember in the Gamecube offline multiplayer all monster were sync! I know in MH4U (monster hunter) you can hurt "invisible" small monster.

Is there any way to check the activity of someone in a team?
Not that I know of. You can do the normal guild card stuff if you have their card and see how many teampoints they have though.

Does anyone know the distribution of how likely weapons are to come with various %?

Edit: More specifically, what's the chances of getting a hs with 35 hit, 40 hit, 45 hit, and 50+ hit?

Last edited:
what's the best multiplayer quest for episode 1 rappies?

Back