More Grinding than I remember

bluehabit

I played PSO back at launch on the DC, and a few years later a little bit of BB on the gamecube. The game seems to have a lot more grinding, especially to defeat bosses, than I remember.

Is it normal to have to grind alot to beat bosses early on in the game? My friend and I tried to do de rol le our first time through caves but we could not destroy the spines in time on every attempt and they would one shot us. So we decided to level up a bit to 15 and switched to spaceship. Gol dragon had way too much hp and we don't do hardly any damage to it, and that was before he cloned, we finally just gave up because it was taking so long.

I don't remember bosses ever being this difficult. Does this aspect of the game improve at later difficulties? If not, is there anything I can do to improve the situation?

starting off fresh is a grind. pick up all items sell and also look for weapons with 50 hit can be bought randomly in shops. feed your mag every 3 minutes. I know it's a slow grind. with better gear and a level 200 mag make game easier. plus alot people help noobs so play in a open room with pso2 drops to help with leveling.

Look for weapons with 50 hit can be bought randomly in shops."

Is the stat for that ATA? Also if I make an open room for others to join us, can I cap the level range? We wouldn't mind playing with other players but if level 100+ players come in and push over the game that wouldn't be any fun for us.

I mean, PSO is a grinding game at heart, especially at the beginning. I can't really offer advice ro help mitigate the issue other than playing with others, even if it's randoms. For me personally half the fun comes from interacting with the community, and more than half the time I don't even notice the grind when I'm playing with others. Sure, not everyone can feel that way, but you can surely try. As a matter of fact, I'll make sure to come say hi if I find you in game.

Yes hit* increase ata. the community here is nice. you can't put a level cap on joining a game just have faith in people and fun will follow

edit and welcome to ephinea

I'm only saying this since you've just come back, so I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm being patronizing because I'm def not!

I would make sure you're feeding your mags right first. Then, everytime I run through an area I make sure I'm using the most effective weapons (as a Hunter anyway) that have high Beast/A.Beast/Etc. percentages for extra damage. Slots on even early armor can help a lot too.. Being able to equip a general body before level 10 for an easy +20 defense bonus can help a ton if you're just getting destroyed by things in melee combat. Hopefully any of that is useful and makes your grind a little quicker and your deaths a little less likely. At the end of the day, I just get more people to play with, turn on some music and grind away.

Bosses can be very intense with just 2 players, You may need someone a bit higher level to power through those fights. Feed your mag and look left and right for 3 slot and 4 slot armors.

I played PSO back at launch on the DC, and a few years later a little bit of BB on the gamecube. The game seems to have a lot more grinding, especially to defeat bosses, than I remember.

Is it normal to have to grind alot to beat bosses early on in the game? My friend and I tried to do de rol le our first time through caves but we could not destroy the spines in time on every attempt and they would one shot us. So we decided to level up a bit to 15 and switched to spaceship. Gol dragon had way too much hp and we don't do hardly any damage to it, and that was before he cloned, we finally just gave up because it was taking so long.

I don't remember bosses ever being this difficult. Does this aspect of the game improve at later difficulties? If not, is there anything I can do to improve the situation?
multiplayer mode here has a fixed difficulty/buff level for enemies. In GC offline, there was a buff multiplier based on the number of people playing. If you try single mode, it will feel much easier in comparison.

Back