All-In-One Resource Guide (and other files)

phantasystarved

worse than a Humar
Guildcard
Hi, everyone! I will be revising existing files and adding more goodies from time to time, so please check back on occasion! I'm doing it this way so I don't create a gazillion different threads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All-In-One Resource Guide (Apache OpenOffice Spreadsheet)
I've been building this spreadsheet for a very long time, so I thought I'd share it. It's got just about anything you could want to know about the various versions of PSO.

This is the OpenOffice version, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED because it will be formatted correctly. If you do not have Apache OpenOffice I highly recommend you get that too, it's free.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hht4ha7tbx08bxc/PSO_Resource_Guide_by_PhantasyStarved.ods?dl=0

For those who only use Excel, an .xls version, but formatting is weird and portions are difficult to read. Nevertheless, if you have to use Excel for whatever reason:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfm4h1e45t7lkew/PSO_Resource_Guide_by_PhantasyStarved.xls?dl=0

It contains:
- Drop tables for every version of PSO going back to version 2 (BB drop charts are for Sega's last drop table/Vanilla servers)
- Equipment tables for all weapons, armor, shields and items
- Complete tables for all mag evolutions and feeding charts
- Material, mag and equipment plans for all classes
- Information on enemy counts, xp charts, tech disk locations, weapon special locations and more

Current version is: 1.5.6
Last added: Much improved enemy counts!
Corrected a few errors with the Mag Cell feeding chart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section ID Overviews - GC/XB Version (Apache OpenOffice Spreadsheet)
Just for fun, I'd like to share a spreadsheet I did years ago involving a breakdown of all the Section IDs. However, this is for only the GC/XB version. I probably won't get around to doing a BB version, especially since there isn't usually a server around with vanilla drop tables. It may be a fun read for some, though! (Also concerning the rankings - obviously all that's subjective).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plxdn0l9if145fe/Section_ID_Overviews_by_PhantasyStarved.ods?dl=0

ogg music files: Save your original ogg folder as "ogg-orig" or something, then unzip these folders as your new "ogg" folder to completely change the soundtrack for PSOBB!!

PSO III version: Play PSO episodes I & II with the PSO Ep III soundtrack! I spent a lot of time fine-tuning this one, love this one.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r614xqfg98dm2bs/PSO3ogg.zip?dl=0

PSU version: Play PSO with music from Phantasy Star Universe!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r1lpzycbku8ba6/PSUogg.zip?dl=0

Hopefully I have this Dropbox thing working right, if everything goes well then I'll be sharing some other stuff! Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
Hi, everyone!

I've been building this spreadsheet for a very long time, so I thought I'd share it. It is by no means perfect, and I'm always improving and revising it. It's got just about anything you could want to know about the various versions of PSO.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hht4ha7tbx08bxc/PSO_Resource_Guide_by_PhantasyStarved.ods?dl=0

It contains:
- Drop tables for every version of PSO going back to version 2
- Equipment tables for all weapons, armor, shields and items
- Complete tables for all mag evolutions and feeding charts
- Information on hunt locations, xp charts, tech disk locations, and more

Note that I did most of this years ago when SCHT was just about the only game in town. Thus, Ultimate drop tables for BB need updating (but there's a spot here on the Ephinea website for that anyway) and also the methods to get some weapons/armor/items need updating - which I will do, eventually. I probably use the mag information the most, it's very complete and easy to follow, I think!

---

Just for fun, I'd like to share a spreadsheet I did years ago involving a breakdown of all the Section IDs. However, this is for only the GC/XB version. I probably won't get around to doing a BB version. It may be a fun read for some, though! (Also concerning the rankings - obviously all that's subjective).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/plxdn0l9if145fe/Section_ID_Overviews_by_PhantasyStarved.ods?dl=0

---

Please note that these are both ods files, which are made on Apache OpenOffice. They will probably look fine on MS Excel, but I don't own it so I don't really know.

Hopefully I have this Dropbox thing working right, if everything goes well then I'll be sharing some other stuff! Happy Hunting!
Looks very nice! I'll be taking a look at these for sure

Looks very nice! I'll be taking a look at these for sure
Thank you Andy! And thanks for the feedback, I'm somewhat technologically challenged and wasn't sure that I was setting up Dropbox right, or whether to others the charts were formatted correctly, etc.

And just to remind myself, things to do on the spreadsheet:
-finish filling in level requirements for item combinations
-change episode 4 drop tables from SCHT to Ephinea
-likewise, update how to get certain items (convert SCHT to Eph)
-Replace Enemy Location section with actual enemy counts for all quests (thats a lot of work though)

The Resource Guide has been updated to version 1.35!

Changes:
- Updated all the online (Blue Burst) drop charts to Ephinea. Everything should be correct, now.
- Finished inputting the level requirements for item combinations.
- Added a tab with Coren's gambling list.
- Made the version number public (this didn't matter before as I'd never shared it with anyone).

If you already downloaded this guide, you should replace it with this new version.
Please let me know if you find any glaring inaccuracies.

Still to do:
Update where to get some weapons and armor (SCHT to Ephinea).
Replace monster locations with actual spawn counts for every quest.

Found an error: Agito 1975 is obtainable in BPD VH Dorphon and (I think) BPD U Dorphon, which aren't listed.

Also would like to ask, where does most of your information in the guide come from?

Found an error: Agito 1975 is obtainable in BPD VH Dorphon and (I think) BPD U Dorphon, which aren't listed.

Also would like to ask, where does most of your information in the guide come from?
Thank you! That's the problem with "accuracy" issues in Blue Burst - if you go to a different server, or even if an admin changes something unannounced on the same server, then it causes "errors" and there's no way to avoid that. As mentioned before, this spreadsheet was originally made with old SCHT in mind. I hadn't double-checked Eph's tables for BPD before but I will, now.

As for where the info comes from, there's probably twenty or more different sources over the past twelve years - my first version of this was only the drop tables for Dreamcast version 2. As I've slowly added more and more, I've tried to cross-reference or personally look at as much as I can to make sure it is free of errors. But it is a never-ending WIP!

I've been using it long enough to tell you that it is very, very reliable, however. Thanks again for the heads-up!

Okay, I updated all of the info for the Black Paper's Deal quests to be accurate to Ephinea.
Thanks again for the heads-up.

P.S. If we can have confirmation that Agito 1975 actually does drop from BPD1 VH/U Dorphon from either staff or a player, that'd be great! This is because it's plausible that when SB (or whoever) was typing up the lists, it would be very easy to see the many Agitos on the list and not realize that 1975 was omitted. If Ephinea staff added it in, then great, but I'm just making sure.

Edit: Thanks for the reply below, Henomura! I will include that in the next update.
Edit 2: Thanks also to Soly for his input on POSS! I put a hyperlink to his post in the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Yes you are able to receive Agito1975 from BPD1 VH/U Dorphon route. Recently obtained one from the quest. I must also note that on the spreadsheet, Proof of Sword Saint does indeed work with Two Kamui. Has been tested.

I had posted this before in Ultima, POSS works with these items (taken directly from the client)
// Kaladbolg
// Durandal
// Galatine
// Two Kamui
// Orotiagito
// Raikiri
// Delsaber's Buster
// Lavis Cannon
// Ancient Saber
// Yamigarasu
// Elysion
// Red Saber
// Musashi
// Yamato
// Asuka
// Sange & Yasha
// Sange
// Yasha
// Kamui
// Excalibur
// Kusanagi
// Guren
// Shouren
// Jizai
// Flamberge
// Shichishito
// Murasame

Last edited:
Okay, I updated my spreadsheet for the first time in a while. I added several Equipment/Mag/Material plans to the "Max Stats" tab. I actually had to do the Newman sections twice because I forgot the online character calculator gives them 50 extra mats. :/

Well, after working on it for the entire day, it's finished, I hope it's of use to some people!
And again, the OpenOffice version is the highly, highly preferred version because the formatting will be correct.
If you have any feedback/questions/complaints let me know, I'm all ears.

In the Tech Loc. tab, Anti 4 is shown. Is that a typo that's supposed to be Anti 5?

Can you add drop rate information for all techniques?

Would you be able to cite the sources used to create this spreadsheet? I think that would be important to show where you gathered this information from.

In the Tech Loc. tab, Anti 4 is shown. Is that a typo that's supposed to be Anti 5?

Can you add drop rate information for all techniques?

Would you be able to cite the sources used to create this spreadsheet? I think that would be important to show where you gathered this information from.
Thank you so much, @NDW and @MagicLuthee for the corrections!

Yes, that was supposed to be Anti 5, I can't believe I missed that for almost ten years.

Regarding the mag cell chart discrepancies: all the mistakes were indeed probably from PSOW's cell mag chart. Everything else they (and I) had was correct, I double-checked it all. Thanks again for pointing it out.

Regarding tech drop rate information: I'd love to, do you have a reliable source for that? I'd also love information as to which specific tiers of normal weapons drop in which maps (i.e. Sword drops in Cave1 through wherever, Gigush drops in wherever through wherever, etc).

Regarding sources: I wish there was a simple answer to give you on this one. Obviously accuracy is very important - there's no point in using my spreadsheet (or any source of information about anything) if you can't rely on it. And citing sources can help people determine whether the original site was reliable, and thus, if my work is reliable. Totally understandable.

First, I haven't kept a running log for the past fifteen years on where I got what, so I can only share vague recollections. Obviously PSOW was one original source for a few things, along with old SCHT charts, Gamefaqs charts, foreign-hosted websites that aren't even online anymore, you name it. Yes, I know those are less reliable than just opening a file that you got straight from Ephinea's server via the PMT editor, but that wasn't available until very recently. If someone points me to a file or website with any more information where I can continue to octuple-check all my work, then I will certainly do so.

It's also worth noting that Ephinea's wiki, since you mentioned it, isn't perfect either and is also prone to errors and an eternal WIP, just like my spreadsheet. It's even true that reading data straight off the server even has pitfalls. What little changes were made by Sega in going from Gamecube to Blue Burst? What little changes were made in the transition between Sega's Blue Burst and the private servers? What little adjustments, intentional or otherwise, happen to each private server over years and years of activity? It's pretty impossible to be wholly accurate all the time, but damn it, I'm sure trying, haha!

That's why I really, really appreciate anyone who takes the time to help me out by pointing out errors, guiding me to more reliable sources, suggesting improvements, and the like. I mean, I use this myself. Constantly. I want it to be the best, most accurate, easy to use, comprehensive guide anywhere... for me too! So yeah, a million thank yous for everyone's contributions!

Last edited:
Reactions: NDW
I was hoping this would have the sound effects too but it doesn't. Do you know how I'd find that?
Would like the sound effects to be like how this video has it. Love the ep3 soundtrack though! Thanks for providing that. :D

I was hoping this would have the sound effects too but it doesn't. Do you know how I'd find that?

I haven't tried replacing sound effects before (other than the "quest acknowledged jingle" which I replaced on the Ep3 pack) but I know that many others have done this. For instance, I hear that one Marvel vs. Capcom sound effect pack on Vex's videos which is pretty hilarious.

Maybe someone can give us more insight into the location of the sound files, and whether something like an Ep3 pack already exists somewhere out there? I'd love to answer your question in a more thorough way, but I don't have any experience in it. Thank you so much for the compliment, though, I'm glad you enjoy the music pack!

Are you talking about sound effects like menu sounds, hit sounds, and the like? That's all managed under the common.pac under EphineaPSO > Data > Sound. You can use PACManager to open and then replace sound effects in the common.pac file. I'm certain there's an EP3 SFX pack out there. I know Ade uses it. I personally replaced my menu confirm/cancel SFX with the ones from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

Back